Chapter 8

I woke up the next day with a massive headache.

"Shit," I mumbled.

When I looked around in my room I saw Cheryl lying on my bedroom floor, drooling. I chuckled. Ow... I shouldn't have. I got out of bed and noticed that I had nothing on except my black laced underwear.

"Shit!" I said again but now a bit more hysterical.

I ran to my closet and grabbed the first thing I saw. Blue shorts and a cream-ish flowing crop top. I looked in the mirror and saw that I didn't have any makeup on. Huh. Weird. I began to wonder how that happened but my headache was to big to do so for long. I went into my bathroom and got some pain killers for that stupid headache. I then grabbed a big plastic bag and began to pick up bottles, glasses and bras. When I got to the backyard I saw my dress from last night floating in the pool.

"Shit. How the fuck did it get there?" I whined.

I grabbed a stick and fetched the dress. It was soaked and the chloride had completely washed out the color. It was now grey-white-ish. I sighed. That was one of my favorite dresses.

I walked around the house and kicked out the people who were still here, sleeping. My mom and Lizzy would be home any minute. My cell phone rang. Speaking of the devil.

"Hey mom," I said to the phone as I cleaned up some vomit. I almost threw up myself.

"Hi sweetheart. I just wanted to check in on you, is everything okay? Did the party go well?" she asked as Cheryl came down the stairs quietly.

"Yeah! Everything was great, I'm just cleaning up." Cheryl began to help me clean up.

"Was there any drinking?"

"No, I don't think so." I lied.

"Okay well, we'll be home in an hour. Love you."

"Love you too, bye." I hung up. "Where are Shannon and the twins?" I asked Cheryl.

"Well, Shannon said she was going out for an ice cream at like 2AM and she never came back and the twins I have no idea."

I laughed. Typical Shannon.

"Do you have any pain killers? My head is pounding."

"Yeah, in the upstairs bathroom. Right next my room." I answered.

"Thanks," she jogged up the stairs.

When I had just finished cleaning up the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I washed my hands and hurried to the door. It was Justin, one of Ethan's friends. I was very surprised.

"Um, hi." this reminded me too much of when I first saw Ethan at my front door.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Can I help you?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh right. Yeah um, I found her outside some ice cream shop and I don't know where she lives plus she's still kind of drunk from last night so, I just thought I could drop her off here." he pointed at Shannon who was currently lying in the backseats of his car.

I sighed. "Thanks,"

We carried Shannon inside. She pulled Justin's shirt up.

"Look Bella! He has a six pack," she giggled.

Not as impressive as Ethan's though. I thought automatically.

"Sorry about her," I said to Justin awkwardly.

"That's okay," he laughed. "It's great for your ego."

I laughed. "Well thanks for bringing her here. Her parents would freak out." I said when we got to the front door. Shannon kept poking my face.

"Anytime," he smiled. He didn't seem as bad as the rest of them.

"Bye," I smiled and closed the door. Shannon fell.

"Ow!"

Cheryl came down the stairs. "What's going on?" she saw Shannon lying on the floor and laughed.

I helped Shannon stand up. "Justin found her outside an ice cream shop and brought her here. She's still drunk."

"I'm not drunk! YOU'RE drunk!" Shannon said determined.

Cheryl laughed even harder. "I'll help her upstairs." The doorbell rang again.

"What now?" I mumbled. I looked out the window and saw Lizzy outside the door and mom walking up to the door. "Shit! Mom's here, get her to my room!"

Cheryl went as fast as she could with Shannon touching everything she saw. The doorbell rang again.

"Hurry!" my voice reached a high pitch I never thought I could reach.

"I'm trying!" Cheryl growled. She stopped to think for a second, threw Shannon over her shoulder and ran upstairs. I was really impressed.

I opened the door and Lizzy jumped into my arms. "Hi!" she said and hugged me.

"Hi baby," I said and kissed her nose.

Cheryl came running down the stairs. "Hi Mrs. Johnson!" she put on a big angel smile.

"Hi girls," mom said as she hung up her coat. She turned around and smiled to us.

Suddenly we heard as if something had fallen upstairs. I looked quickly at Cheryl who froze. Luckily mom didn't notice.

"How was your weekend?" I asked quickly.

"Great, your grandparents said hi." she said distracted. "Listen, would you mind taking Lizzy to Rosie? I forgot they had a play-date today."

"Yeah please?" Lizzy stretched the 'e'.

"Um," I started. I looked at Cheryl for some help, she shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah sure, I can do that."

"Great, thanks honey." mom kissed my cheek.

"Cheryl would you mind taking care of that thing that we were taking care of? I'll be right back." I put Lizzy down.

"Yeah sure, I'm on it." she ran up the stairs. I heard a door open and close.

"Yay!" Lizzy clapped her hands of excitement. I sighed.