Golden Amber Eyes POV

Chapter 12

I could feel the energy shift around me and waited for the God of War, Ares to appear in front of me. He had sent me a message, asking to meet in private. So I brought him to the safest place I know. I stood up to meet Ares as he appeared. I am a bit confused to why he wants to meet. I looked at him as he met my eyes, staring at me as if he is trying to see if I'm trustworthy. His face changed, so whatever he was looking for he seemed to have found.

"I spoke to your father about finding the best protector possible, and he told me, I would find the best protector in you. I need your help to keep someone very important to me safe and for you to stay hidden while your doing it" he said.

"How special is this someone and why do they need protecting?" I asked knowing to well what was coming, Olympus and the underworld were hunting down the Oracle and she is from his and Aphrodite bloodline.

"You know who I'm talking about, Electra, the Oracle, I can't protect her without leading every god to her" he said.

"what makes you think Im not hunting her either?" I asked.

"I can tell who is hunting her and who is not, you are the same as your father, you dont want anything to do with what their doing" he said, he was right, I know alot about her and something about her that she or them don't even know.

"True, what exactly do you want from me?" I asked.

"Watch her, make sure she is protected at all times, but hide your presence from her, try not think of what you planning when it involves Electra, she will see it coming, can you do that?" he said.

"Okay, I will do it, but you need to show me where she is first" I said.

"If you betray me, you know what the consequences are dont you?" he asked.

"I'm aware of them" I said, as we looked at one another, til Ares held his hand out to bind our deal.

Okay, come with me" he said, he placed his hand on my shoulder, as we appeared a distance away from her house, she was walking back to her house, when a smile appeared on her face. I have heard of her. beauty, but I never expected this, she literally took my breath away as I watched her. I knew then I had to protect her, something about her was already drawing me in.

"You need to know that she has found her mate" Ares said, as I tried to hide surprising jealousy and hurt that was building inside me.

"Okay, where is he? do you require me to protect him also" I asked, trying to hide the bitterness creeping into my voice, what is wrong with me, I have only just seeing this girl for the first time and she is already affecting me.

"No that is not required, I would ask you to do the opposite, only Electra has already done it, he rejected her a first sight because he thought she was human, he is a werewolf, a alpha, any information I have on him is already waiting for you at your home" he said.

"He rejected her? then I can only assume whatever she has done to him, he deserved it" I said.

"Yes he did, she will never be safe now" he said, I could see how worried he is about her. But I know different, I know the truth, but its not my place to tell him.

He once again put his hand on my shoulder and were back to where we started.

"Let me know if anything happens to her, I am trusting you with the most precious thing to me, make sure you protect her" he said before he disappeared.

I knew when Ares said about her mate rejecting, that they think it means she isn't safe, but that's untrue. I have one goddess I trust and that is Athena. She didn't betray Athena and Trent like they think. Athena had asked for my help in researching the gods oldest language. She had a picture of writing in the old gods language along with the gods sign for The Oracle. I knew by looking at this picture it wasnt a book or scroll, it was on a person, meaning the new Oracle has been born. She explained how she has been trying to translate the writing for nearly fifteen years without any luck. But together we managed to translate it after many months.

                                                This Oracle was different from the past Oracles, she wasnt just a vessel made by the gods, she was also part werewolf, what everyone took from the first images into her future is that she will have a mate or soul mate, that once he claims her, the Gods can't touch her, unlike the Oracles before her. But what we translated was something different, it doesn't mean a werewolf mate has to claim her, for her to be safe, only someone with true love for her can claim her truely and she must be in love with the person also. The Gods and underworld can never truely claim her, not like the others Oracles. They would always be holding her against her will because their claim on her will never work. Her feelings for her mate will fade, only that person with pure love for her can really connect to her. Her wolf will feel the sparks of her mate to begin with, but if his love isnt pure or strong the sparks will fade and so will her connection with his wolf.

                                                       When we had translated it, Athena was planning on showing it to Ares and Aphrodite, but what Athena hadn't been aware of was that the gods had been watching her closely. There were suspicious of what she was researching, she wasnt aware that she had drew attention til Zeus has confronted her, taking the picture which showed the markings of the Oracle but not the translation. When Zeus saw the mark he had to know who it belonged to. But it didn't take long for him to work it out, he knew the Oracle wasnt among them, all he had to do was see how scared Athena was of them finding the Oracle, for realisation hit him. The only demigod to be born recently with one of the strongest bloodline to the Gods was Athena daughter, Electra. Zeus disappeared to tell the other gods he trusted, but no god can be trusted in the play for power. That showed when the Underworld also got the news of the Oracle. Athena called Artemis, telling her of what Zeus knows, but unfortunately Artemis wasnt fast enough to stop them, but she was able to make sure Electra was safe, but not her parents. Athena is looking for Electra to explain what really happened and what the mark translates too, that all is not lost, she can be safe. But she knows she will not receive a warm welcoming, Electra will probaly attack and try to kill her first before she gets to explain and Athena understands that. I can see why Electra would attack and try to kill her, the girl has been on the run since that night. I wont tell Athena where Electra is, I take a bind between gods seriously.

I need to check out this mate that rejected her, see if his loves for her is true or not. I looked through the information Ares left and found what I was looking for. By what I found Its looks like I will be going to Hex nightclub.

A few hours later I arrive at the club, its full of humans and werewolves. Now I just have to find him out in the crowd, I will be able to sense his alpha aura. When I concentrate and  found an extremely powerful aura, he must be a strong alpha for him to have an aura that powerful. I scanned the crowd looking to where the power was coming from, but instead of finding him, I found her, Electra, scanning the crowd. I couldn't help but let my eyes linger, she is stunningly beautiful, her body is perfect, no goddess I have ever seen compares to her. When I went to look at her beautiful face once more, I found her eyes already on me. Shit, she must of saw me coming. I quickly move outside and disappeared, covering all traces of me. I watched her look around for me before she turned to go back into the club. I followed her inside and watched her walk by one alpha only to stop and turn back as a vile looking werewolf said something to her, Electra got right into her face, I could hear what she was saying, taunting Electra about having her mate, but she gave as good as she got, the alpha standing beside the monstrosity must be Electra's mate, but even he backed away scared.

                                    I watched her for the rest of the night, as she danced and laughed. She looked so relaxed and carefree. I couldn't take my eyes off her and neither could any other man in the club. She is still pure of heart, even after everything she has been through, that shows how strong she is and why she is the Oracle.