23:56

JEON JEONGGUK

i was at defeat today for i was not able to find a job that would hire me. i stayed at some food chain until they closed, just thinking about how my parents were right.

no one would ever hire a college dropout.

sighing, i kicked some pebbles on the on the lone sidewalk. how am i going to tell taehyung i can't pay for rent?

"leave me alone, marc! i don't give a shit about you anymore."

i heard a familiar voice yelling in the alley way. so out of curiosity, i turned down that path, only to see valentina cornered by a male.

in a normal, yet intimidating voice, i asked, "what's happening here?"

valentina's eyes widened a fraction as she seemed to recognized me. she turned her face back to the man in front of her and he scoffed. the man intertwined their hands together, "none of your business. who are you?"

i smirked repeating what he said, "none of your business. who are you?"

the man's smirk wiped off of his face as he scowled, roughly pulling valentina's arm, "her boyfriend."

before my shock could respond to that statement, valentina harshly pushed the supposedly boyfriend away, glaring at him, "bitch, you wish."

she wiped imaginary dust away from her shoulders and gave him a grimace. "the word ex was invented for a reason. learn the definition, marc."

valentina walked away from the marc as he huffed, "slut! you won't find anyone better in bed them me!"

she turned around, chuckling, a smirk on her face. "what is it with men calling women a slut when men are the biggest whores out there themselves?"

i hid a laugh at that as marc looked outraged, red face and all. but valentina wasn't finished, "oh and i've already found someone way more fuckable than you, thanks for the concern."

i love women.

marc didn't know what to say and just stomped his foot like a child and sped walked away.

valentina turned around with a laugh, flipping her curls in the process.

going up to her with a grin, i high fived her, "man! you are a boss ass bitch!"

valentina chuckled, "i'll take that as a compliment. thank you."

i nodded excitedly, "it is! man that was the best thing i have ever seen. you handled that like a pro!"

she still had a smile on her face, she turned to face me, "i know you know mine, so what's your name?"

the smile wiped off my face, as i started having memories about the first time me and cassandra met. funny how cassandra was also a waitress when i met her. she said the same thing to me.

looking down, i mumbled, "jeongguk."

valentina bent her head to look under mine. her smile and crinkled eyes were the cutest thing.

"pardon?"

i looked up, straightening my posture. clearing my throat, i said in monotone, "jeongguk."

she put her hands up, laughing, "woah there. don't get all macho manly on me."

cracking a smile, i shook my head a little. her smile wiped off her face, as she looked at me, concerned.

"what do you think of when you say your name?"

i looked at her, a little shocked and weirded out. "h-how do you know?"

she smiled, shrugging, "i'm sorta interested in that field. psychology," then a grin replaced the smile. "wait. did i get that right?!"

nodding, i mumbled, "right on the target."

she clapped her hands, giddy. "score!"

when she saw the sullen look on my face, she quickly shut up, putting her hands down. "wow that was totally inappropriate of me. sorry, i get excited at the wrong times."

i shook my head with a tiny, forced smile. "nah, it's okay. i get it."

with a hopeful smile, she asked, "you wanna tell me abo- no? that's fine too."

we silently kept walking down the path until i looked at her. she looked like a confused bunny and it was the cutest thing. she was adorable and i can't stop repeating that.

"my girlfriend. actually, i should learn the definition of ex since it was invented for a reason..."

she looked at me, biting her lip as if she was apologetic. but i stopped her before she could apologize. "no you shouldn't apologize. you are right. a man needs to understand words."

nodding with me, she waited for me to continue. "your ex girlfriend...?"

i looked back in front of me, "she loved my name. always saying how unique it was. you both have a sort of lisp when saying it and i hate it so much because i loved it. i thought it was the cutest thing ever. but i'm trying so hard to hate it. i was also obsessed with they way she wrote it, odd i know. but i loved my name when she said it or wrote it. now i hate it."

valentina didn't laugh or roll her eyes at how stupid it sounded like other people did and instead just nodded along, giving an encouraging smile. "i understand. um, well... have you tried changing it to a different spelling? not legally but have people know you by a different way. maybe that will make you feel better?"

i thought about it, kind of liking the idea. "but what would i change it to?"

she shrugged, "how do you spell it now?"

"j-e-o-n-g-g-u-k."

valentina looked lost in thought as she pondered. on the other hand, i was lost in her beauty. her brown skin, glistened underneath the moonlight. her eyelashes curled perfectly, with her eyes that looked like the beautiful type of dirt.

the type where the more you stared, the more you saw the diamond inside.

her diamond eyes snapped towards mine as she grinned, "i got it."

i tilted my head, urging her to go on. "what?"

"jungkook."