Chapter 2: Keeping Secrets and Telling Lies

"I've been talking to the moon, hoping that you would be back soon, but how soon is soon to you?"

--------------------------
"Ever since the new guild has been built, Lucy hasn't been showing up lately. Do you know what she's been up to lately, Natsu?" Erza asked me, while I was stuffing my face.

"I haven't visited her place yet. Plus, I think she's been avoiding me." I replied, wiping my face with my sleeve.

"Why do you think that, Natsu?" It was Levy's voice now, her face sketched with worry.

"I'm not sure, but I'll visit her apartment later to see what's up." I continued eating, thinking if there really was something wrong with Lucy.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Should I change my appearance? Maybe, but wouldn't Natsu recognize my scent? I probably should be careful anyhow, Natsu's not as dense as he looks.

Walking into a perfume shop in the outskirts of Fiore, and I looked for the sweetest, strongest perfume I could find. I found a couple of them, but they either had a strong bad smell or a sweet, weak smell. And I know that wouldn't work against Natsu's Dragon nose. I asked a worker for a recommendation, and went ahead to the counter, no money in my pockets. A ladies persuasion would obviously do the trick. Except for the fact that all the employees here were females. I looked around, seeing barely anyone in the store, and pocketed the spherical object, looking around once more and sliding out the door. I had just stolen! Although I felt bad, I would feel even worse if I got caught by Natsu and had to tell him what I was on this journey for.

I rode into a clearing, surrounded by thousands upon thousands of trees. I had been riding for about two and a half hours, and, by looking at the sun, it was getting late. I stopped, and set up camp for me and my new aquaintance, whom I named Aquarius, after, well, Aquarius.

I had just thought of what she would think if she found out that my pet was named after her.

'A mangy animal like that was named after me?!'

I know she wouldn't be flattered.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

"I'm heading to go see what Lucy's been up to. I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I shouted, leaving the guild, and making sure everyone acknowledged that I was gone. Happy didn't come with me, he was too busy flirting.

Alright, let's see what's been happening lately, Luce.

At Lucy's apartment, I jumped through the window, which was open, strangely enough. Everything was just the same as I had remembered the last time I visited.

"Luce? You home?" I said aloud, not wanting to scare her if she was here.

The lamp at her desk was on, and a shimmer of gold caught my eye.
I walked over, and the shimmer was a key. A broken key.

"If I'm not mistaken..." I muttered to myself.

It was Aquarius' key, which was broken in half. Underneath I saw Lucy's handwriting. Twirling Aquarius' broken key between my fingers, I read.

X792

Dear Natsu,

I'm leaving. It's as simple as that. Please don't come after me, and don't tell anyone in the guild that I'm gone. Just tell them I'm going to visit a friend. Don't tell Happy either; I don't want him to be sad that I'm gone. I won't be gone long, but I don't know exactly how long. I can't tell you what I'm doing either, for I know you'll be confused. Beside this letter there might be a clue, and you might just understand what I'm doing. But please, do not share this with anyone; this information and the clue. Natsu, I trust that you will get this letter and I understand if you do not follow my wishes. But if you do not, there will be consequences. Please don't think this is payback for leaving on a trip with Happy. It's just that this is a journey that I have to do alone. I used the last of my money to pay for one more year for my apartment so you can stay here, but keep it clean so the landlady wont have a grudge against me, and so this letter along with all of my other belongings won't be thrown away. Make sure my apartment is the same as I left it, and please don't follow me.