Chapter 5: Natsu's in Trouble...Probably

"How sweet, I'll send you more love, and a beautiful memory that you will replay over and over: a kiss."

--------------------------

We were tricked by a family full of snakes, and now I see why Frey ran. He knew what they were, and this was set up from the very beginning. I don't have my whip nor keys with me, and I don't even have the antidote if I end up getting bitten.

"Give it up girl, you're our servant now. A family of Lamias can't be defeated so easily." The mother Lamia hissed at me, gradually slithering closer to me.

Oh please work, even a handful would be great! I've been practicing for a while now!

"Stay away snake, you don't want to get burned, now do you?"

Natsu's voice!

Gee, you're always one to save the day and wreak havoc all in the same time-span.

"N-Natsu! You're covered in bites! You need an antidote, quick!" I shouted, the Lamia giving a single look to Natsu.

"How did you escape my daughters? But not unscathed, I see." She laughed an evil cackle, hissing as she turned back to me, my back pressed up against a tree.

"You can't scare a snake bigger than you, you filthy snake. Fire Dragon's Roar!" he shot straight at the Lamia, not scaring me to death or anything.

The unnamed Lamia crumbled to the ground, scorched among belief.

"You are a dragonslayer? Where is Aquarius? What happened?" I asked him quickly, trying to act dumbfounded.

"I'm Natsu Dragneel, but I'm well known as the Salamander by some people in my guild. I don't really know why they call me it, it just got passed around..." He rambled.

"What guild are you from?" I asked, walking back into the forest, collecting the herbs you could mush into an antidote.

"Fairy Tail, he said proudly, puffing his chest ever so slightly. I noticed a glint on his chest that I didn't see before.

I laughed.

"What's so funny?" He asked, his puffed chest deflating.

"Nothing, nothing. Its just that I love that guild, but I can't muster enough courage to join them. You saw me, I can talk tough but can't back it up. I can't join them the way I am now."
I started tearing up, my words full of sincerity; I truly meant what I said.

"Nonsense. If you love our guild, than you must know that we don't care how strong you are, we take our bonds seriously. When I find Lucy, and you find who you're looking for, I'll take you to the guild to join, alright?" He stuck his hand out for me to shake, this our promise to each other til the end of our adventure.

So he wants to find me when I'm right beneath his nose? I can't hide forever, but its worth a try.

"Alright, but where is Aquarius? I left my pouch with her."

I walked back inside the cabin, looking around.

All I smelled was burned everything.
I started to panic.

"Aquarius? Aquarius!" I called, looking everywhere. I couldn't lose another Aquarius.

I heard a meow, coming from the room filled with charred Lamias.

"Aquarius!" I saw her, laying underneath the bed, her head poking out from the long covers in her retreat defense; a tomcat.

"Do you have my stuff? I'm glad you are okay." I pulled her from underneath the bed and set her in my lap; she was purring the entire time.