Behind the Scenes - The Cosplay Crisis

AN: It has been brought to my attention several times that I've snuck a Doctor Who reference (or two, or three, or several) into this book. Therefore, after reading a few of your comments, my lovely readers, I've decided to add a series of "Behind the Scenes" oneshots within my Amelia-verse to satisfy your needs for more details. This particular oneshot was an idea I borrowed from a couple of you (you know who you are). They're mostly just snippets of different scenes, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

John Hamish Watson thought he would never see the day when Sherlock would go to Comic-Con, but then again, he wasn't really surprised.

After several threats to hide his cigarettes and nicotine patches or forbid Lestrade from giving him cases, or more particularly worrying, call his mother, Amelia managed to convince Sherlock to dress up as Rory Williams (from Doctor Who) and drag him, unwillingly, into the event in question. Amelia, of course, dragged John along as well, using Mary as a threat instead. It was safe to say that both men attended the event, although John didn't seem to mind it nearly as much.

"Amelia," Sherlock hissed, reaching a hand up to fix the cheap wig she had thrown at him just an hour before. Growling in frustration, he tore the disastrous thing off of his head and threw it into the nearest trashcan, a triumphant look appearing on his face. Amelia glared.

"We haven't been here five minutes and you've already destroyed your costume," she grumbled, an irritated look on her face as she pulled him around another group of cosplayers. Satisfied that they were now out of the way, she dug through her purse and pulled out yet another wig and thrusted it into his hands. "Now sit down so I can fix it."

As the pair were seated on a bench, Amelia shoving bobby pins into Sherlock's messy curls, Sherlock muttered a few foul words under his breath.

"What was that, Sherlock? I couldn't hear you."

"I'm having such a lovely time," Sherlock drawled sarcastically, shooting a look at John, whom Amelia had instructed to cosplay as the Doctor. Amelia was dressed as Amelia Pond, both from the same show as Sherlock's cosplay character.

To say the least, it was better than Amelia's original idea, where she, Sherlock, and John would cosplay as Dís(or perhaps Tauriel, she couldn't decide), Smaug, and Bilbo Baggins (from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings), respectively.

But that idea was later dismissed, as Sherlock had torn that dragon costume to shreds and lit the remains afire.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Amelia remained silent, eyes glancing between the costume in the fireplace and the detective. An annoyed expression was clearly displayed, much to John's amusement.

"It was an experiment," Sherlock hissed, looking up from his phone and glaring at Amelia from his place on the couch.

"It was a cosplay project, Sherlock," Amelia growled. "Do you know how many hours I've spent slaving over that costume?"

"I'd say at least seventy-two, judging by the shadows under your eyes."

John snorted, much to the irritation of both of his friends. The pair turned to glare at him briefly, only managing to do so for a moment before turning back towards each other to resume their argument.

"I was bored!"

"You threw my dragon costume in the fireplace!"

"You threatened to call my mother!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Sherlock!" Amelia ran after him, narrowing her eyes as she spotted him, trying to hide amongst a group of Sherlock cosplayers, having changed out of his costume and into his normal clothes an hour earlier. She had yet to find out what happened to it, but she had her suspicions, considering what happened to the last costume she made for Sherlock.

She brought herself to a stop, however, seeing two women, both dressed in Sherlock fan merch, approach the famous detective.

"Oh my gosh, your costume is amazing! You look just like Sherlock Holmes!" One girl shrieked, having walked up to Sherlock to speak with him. "Can my friend and I take a picture with you?"

Sherlock sneered, backing away from the woman and making his way around her. Amelia snickered, watching him try to escape, only to hear a squeal from the other girl that was following him.

"He even stays in character! Wait, did you see if he has a card?"

Sherlock's eyes sweeped the area, passing over Amelia before sharply meeting her gaze. In a moment of desperation, he crossed the open space to stand in front of her, sheepishly meeting her angry glare.

"You destroyed my costume. Again."

"Yes, about that - "

"Hey! Wait up!"

Amelia smirked, seeing the two fans from earlier jogging towards them, waving to catch their attention.

"Amy," Sherlock whispered forcefully, drawing her attention back to him. He placed his hands on her shoulders, managing a quiet, "Help."

"Why should I?" She asked, clearing enjoying the situation at hand.

"I'll wear that ridiculous costume you have hidden in the closet to Comic-Con tomorrow," he ground out, feeling like he would regret his decision come the next morning. "All day."

"Deal." Amelia reached up to lock her fingers in his curls, pulling his head closer to hers so that she could whisper in his ear. "First off, it's not ridiculous, it's Doctor Strange. You're ridiculous, running away from two harmless, civilian women." Amelia scoffed, rolling her eyes. Sherlock scowled, but remained silent. "Secondly, when I give you the signal, run and don't look back. Got it?"

"What signal?"

Amy, upon noticing the two fans come to a stop a few feet away from them, released Sherlock's curly hair and placed her hands around his neck instead, pulling him into a much unexpected kiss.

An excited squeal from beside them broke the two apart, Sherlock nodding at Amelia thankfully, taking that to be the signal, before dashing off in the other direction.

"Raggedy man, goodbye!" Amelia shouted, drawing the attention of the women to herself instead of Sherlock. Sighing, she turned to face the women beside her, whom were practically beaming.

"Pondlock!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"That's it," John mumbled, sounding completely and utterly defeated. "I'm officially lost."

After another particularly loud argument between Sherlock and Amelia, John had wandered off and found himself amongst a group of Supernatural cosplayers and a man dressed like Sherlock (who looked suspiciously like Anderson). He wasn't particularly certain, however, considering how much they despised each other. No, he must have been imagining it.

"Not all who wander are lost," a voice behind him remarked, amusement clear in their voice. John turned around, coming face to face with a man dressed in all grey, including his hat and his noticeably fake beard (which looked like it was sliding off his face, disgustingly enough).

John frowned, staring at the strange man in confusion.

"What?"