Chapter 5

SHERLOCK'S POV

After Mycroft left, I searched around the flat for my cigarettes.

"Amelia, where are my cigarettes?" I shouted, storming into her room. She looked up at me.

"How should I know? I've been in here the whole time. Now go away, I was in my mind palace until you so rudely interrupted," Amelia snapped, glaring at me.

If I didn't understand how aggravating noise could be, I would have kept talking then and there. But instead, I decided to ask Mycroft. I walked out of the room and pulled put my phone.

Where are my cigarettes? ~SH

How should I know? ~MH

I asked Amelia. She doesn't have them. ~SH

Are you sure? ~MH

No. ~SH

Ask again. ~MH

"Amelia?" I called, poking my head around the corner. "Where are they?"

"Why would I tell you?" Amelia challenged, raising her eyebrows.

"Because I'll buy groceries this week?" I offered. I really needed those cigarettes.

"Fine. I gave them to Mycroft. You'll have to beg him for them. I scowled.

Give them back. ~SH

Why should I? ~MH

I need them. ~SH

Why should I care? ~MH

Because you're my brother. ~SH

I thought we'd already established that we are not normal, brother mine. ~MH

I didn't say we were normal. Where did you hide them? ~SH

Under the coffee table. ~MH

Thank you. ~SH

I practically pounced onto the floor, grabbing the pack of cigarettes from underneath the coffee table. Lighting one of them, I sat down in my chair and started to think.

"You do know that Moriarty is the cause of this," I said, looking up at Amelia who was standing in her doorway.

"I know," she replied softly. She unconsciously put a hand on her gun, but lowered it quickly. I made a mental note to figure out why she acted how she did when I mentioned Moriarty.

"What happens now?" I looked up and saw John standing next to Amelia. I shrugged.

"We wait and see what Moriarty is planning to do," I explained, reaching my hand out for my gun to find that it wasn't where I thought I left it. "Amelia?"

"Yes?" She looked up from her phone, waiting for my response.

"Where's my gun?"

"In the freezer," she explained. "In case you were wondering, it was for an experiment." She walked over to the couch and plopped down, continuing whatever she was doing.

I jumped up and walked into the kitchen. After retrieving my gun, I shot the yellow smile on the wall.

"Bored! Bored! Bored!" I shouted, taking my boredom out on the wall.

AMELIA'S POV

As Sherlock was shooting the wall, I looked down at my phone. I froze when I saw who had just texted me.

Long time, no see, little sister. ~JM

What do you want, James? ~AM

I want you and your friends to play my game. ~JM

At this point Sherlock had noticed my shock and was leaning over my shoulder. I felt him freeze as well.

"Your brother is James Moriarty?" he asked, his hands slightly shaking from the shock of it.

"Yes," I gulped, closing my eyes and waiting for the yelling. When it didn't come, I looked up at him. He was staring at me without emotion. From what I could grasp, I thought he was trying to figure out if I was trustworthy or not. "I guess I'll go pack my things."

"Why?" I turned around, startled. He isn't going to make me leave?

"Aren't you going to make me leave or something? That's what everyone else does. I've been to the U.S., Canada, and Russia, and all with the same outcome when someone learned my last name." I asked, feeling tears run down my cheeks. My vision blurred a bit, and I felt myself being hugged. "Why are you being so kind?"

"It's okay, it's okay," John whispered in my ear. "We aren't going to make you leave."

"Why not though? Everyone else does," I sniffed, feeling Sherlock join our group hug awkwardly.

"What Moriarty does is not your fault, Amy," John explained, pulling away to look at me. "And besides, you aren't a bloody psychopath like he is." I grinned, wiping away tears from my eyes.

"Thanks," I whispered, looking from John to Sherlock and back again.

"What for?"

"For not kicking me out and calling me insane," I explained, looking at my feet. John grinned and Sherlock chuckled.

"Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed. All of this drama is making me tired," I replied. Before they could respond, I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. I pulled out my phone. Another text from Mycroft.

Amelia Moriarty...quite interesting. ~MH

Oh, do shut up, Mycroft. ~AM

I rolled my eyes before shouting to Sherlock.

"Sherlock! Mycroft has a camera hidden in the flat!"