Chapter 10

AMELIA'S POV

I leaned back on the couch, pretending to listen to John's endless rambling. Sherlock was busy thinking in the other room, so I was left with John.

"Are you listening Amy?" John asked, noticing how wasn't saying anything.

"Nope," I said, popping the "p". "Not at all." John groaned.

"You're just like Sherlock sometimes, you know that?" John complained. "Never listening to me, but you always expect me to listen to you."

"Sorry, I'm just thinking about a case Sherlock brought me along on. Speaking of work, I should see if Mycroft has any for me." I took out my phone, texting Mycroft, even though it was two in the morning.

I'm bored. ~AM

The reply came only a moment later.

You sound just like Sherlock. ~MH

Why does everyone keep saying that? ~AM

Because it's true. ~MH

Do you have any work for me or not? ~AM

Not currently. ~MH

Ugh. ~AM

I groaned, pulling out my gun and shooting the yellow smile on the wall. After hitting it at least five times, I put my gun away and closed my eyes.

"Mycroft?" John asked, snickering.

"Who else could be such a pain?" I asked, staring at the roof.

"Sherlock," John replied. I smirked.

"True." I stood up, walking into Sherlock's bedroom.

"What do you want?" He snapped, glaring at me before returning to his thoughts.

"I dunno, I'm just bored," I said, flopping down beside him on the bed.

"Then why did you come in here?"

"Because whether you think it or not, Sherlock Holmes is anything but boring," I proclaimed. I paused for a moment before continuing. "What are you thinking about?"

"The case," he answered simply. He opened his eyes, looking down at me. "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm wondering about what my brother is planning." I stared at him, holding his gaze. "I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"You and me both." We sat in silence for a moment before I spoke again.

"Sherlock?"

"Hmm?" He mumbled, closing his eyes and turning his head away.

"Do you think we'll win in his game?" I asked, standing up and walking to the bedroom door.

"I hope so."

SHERLOCK'S POV

I frowned, watching her as she walked out my bedroom door. I walked out, finding John in his chair, typing on his laptop.

"What are you doing?" I asked, leaning over his shoulder. "Is that your blog?"

"Yes, it's my blog. I'm adding another article about the case you're working on," John explained, finishing his article.

"Why do you insist on working on it? It's boring," I complained, picking up my violin.

"No, it isn't," John argued.

"Yes, it is."

"No, it isn't."

"Yes, it-"

"CAN YOU BOYS STOP ARGUING?" Amelia shouted from the other room. John flinched.

"No," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"I heard that!" She yelled, stomping into the room.

"I heard that," I mocked. John laughed.

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes, if you don't behave I'm going to get Mycroft over here!" Amelia replied, raising her eyebrows as if she was challenging me to argue. I glared at her before walking back into my room.

Just to annoy her, I started playing my violin, and decided to keep playing for the rest of the night. When she didn't come in to yell at me, I went to her bedroom to check on her.

"Amy?" I asked, seeing her leaning against the bed frame with her eyes closed. She didn't answer, so I assumed she was in her mind palace. I closed the door, walking back to the living room. Picking up my violin, I continued playing it until morning.