Chapter 15

SHERLOCK'S POV

I watched Amelia as she continuously tapped her feet and looked out the window. I hope he's okay, she had said. I turned and stared out my window, deep in thought. Why would she worry about John? My thoughts then wandered to John, who I remembered saying something about her being our friend. I sighed.

"Sherlock?" Amelia's voice shook me from my thoughts and back to the present. "We're here." I opened the door before hopping out. I waited impatiently for Amelia as she payed the driver before getting out and showing me the way. We broke into a run as soon as we found the fireworks.

"John," I breathed, seeing him attached to a bunch of fireworks and explosives. Amelia sped towards him and started ripping off as much of the explosives as she could while I looked around for the culprit. Once John was safe, I ran over to him and knelt down beside him. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Stop worrying, I'm fine," he said, standing up and brushing dirt off of him.

"Do you know who did this?" Amelia asked, speaking with a soft voice so that he wouldn't feel pressured.

"Moriarty," John answered, looking her in the eye. Amelia looked at him wide-eyed before taking her phone out of her pocket. I looked over her shoulder, reading her texts to and from Moriarty.

What a shame, it would have been quite a show. ~JM

What do you want this time, James? ~AM

We're on a first name basis now? ~JM

Don't test my patience. ~AM

Watch out sister. The game isn't over yet. ~JM

Amelia groaned, putting away her phone and taking her head  in her hands. She stomped over to the road and started walking towards the flat. I quickly disposed of the explosives before we followed her, not wanting to be left behind.

"I'm sorry for bringing you both into this," she mumbled. I could barely make out what she was saying.

"It's not your fault. We were already involved," John assured her, patting her on the back.

"But I made it worse!" she argued, leaning against a wall and sliding to the ground. She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, leaning down and hiding her head.

"Amelia, we're going to get through this," John said, crouching down and comforting her.

"But what if we don't? What if one one of you gets hurt? I'd never able to live with myself knowing either of you got hurt because of me!" she yelled, rocking back and forth.

"Amelia, calm down-"

"I DON'T WANT TO CALM DOWN!" Amelia shouted, standing up and getting a cab before either of us could stop her. She flinched, realizing that she was being rude. "Please leave me alone." With that said, she got inside the cab and left us standing there, without a clue of what to do.

"What are we going to do, Sherlock?" John finally asked, turning to look at me.

"I'm not sure."

AMELIA'S POV

I felt bad for yelling at the boys. It wasn't their fault I was in a mood, it was my brother's fault. I let silent tears run down my cheeks on my way back to the flat.

"Are you okay, miss?" the driver asked, looking back at me.

"No, not really. Family problems," I sniffed, looking out the window.

"I understand," he replied, looking back at the road. No, you really don't understand. I just nodded, not wanting to describe my life to a complete stranger. When we arrived at the flat, I went to pay him, but he shook his head. "It's on me."

"Thank you," I said, smiling a smile that didn't reach my eyes before walking into the flat. I headed to my room, closing and locking the door behind me. A few minutes later, I could hear John and Sherlock entering the flat.

"Amy, can I come in?" John asked, knocking at my door.

"Go away," I cried, curling up on my bed. "Please." I heard John sigh before leaving. He was probably asking Sherlock to check on me.

"Amelia?" Sherlock asked quietly, knocking twice on my door.

"Yeah?" I replied, hiding under my blanket.

"Can you let me in?" I sighed, not bothering to get up.

"Unlock it yourself," I snapped, starting to cry again. "You know how, don't you?" He paused for a moment before responding.

"Yes, I do. I just thought it was more appropriate to ask for permission to enter first."

"Okay," I said, pulling the blanket off of my head. I heard the door click and looked up as Sherlock walked in. He closed the door behind him and leaned against it.

"Oh, Amelia," he sighed, walking over to the bed and sitting down next to me. I whimpered, leaning into him.

"I don't like it when you see me like this. I feel weak and vulnerable."

"Amelia, crying isn't a sign of weakness. It means you've been too strong for too long," Sherlock explained, looking into my eyes. He wiped away a tear from my eye before speaking again. "About earlier..."

"I don't want to talk about earlier," I sniffed, looking up at him. He looked confused for a moment before realizing I meant about when we rescued John and Moriarty contacted her.

"No, not that. I meant when we..." Sherlock started, unsure how to word it.

"When we kissed," I finished. He nodded, running a hand through his hair. "Thank you for that. You always seem to set me straight, you know? I always get so nervous and I don't know what to do, or how to react, but you're always there for me."

"You're welcome," Sherlock replied. We sat in silence for a while longer before John came in.

"Was I interrupting anything?" he asked.

"No," Sherlock said, standing up and glancing down at Amelia, who was smiling up at me. "Nothing of importance."