Chapter 12

SHERLOCK'S POV

I crashed into Room 113 only ten minutes later. Moriarty was running off into another room, but what I was more worried about was Amy. I looked to my right, seeing Amelia swaying back and forth before crumbling to the floor, a hand pressed to her side, which was covered in blood. I ran over to her, picking her up and setting her on the couch before pulling out my phone and calling the police.

"Hello. Which service-"

"I'm in Room 113 in the Rusbridge Hotel. Bring your least irritating officers and an ambulance," I said before handing up. I sent John a text to tell him that I found Amy.

I found Amy. She's been shot. ~SH

Where are you? Is she going to be alright? ~JW

Rusbridge Hotel, Room 113. I don't know, she's losing a lot of blood. ~SH

Put some pressure on it. I'll be there in five minutes. ~JW

A few minutes later, I heard sirens in the distance.

*Five Minutes Later*

"Sherlock!" I turned my head to the side, seeing John running over to me.

"You're two minutes late," I grumbled, pulling the "shock blanket" around me.

"I came as soon as I could. Care to explain what happened?" John asked, sitting down beside me.

"From what I gathered, Moriarty told her to choose which of us would live: her or us," I informed him, standing up and walking with him away from the hotel.

"And she chose us?" John asked in disbelief. "I didn't know she liked us that much." We walked in silence the rest of the way to the flat. When we got there, Mrs. Hudson greeted us at the door.

"Oh, dear. What happened?" She asked, closing the door behind us.

"Amy's been shot by her brother, who's a psychopath named Jim Moriarty, in order to save us," I explained, walking past her and into the living room.

"Way to sum it up, Sherlock," John muttered, following close behind. I sat down in my chair before deciding against it and pacing around the room. "Sherlock?"

"Hmm?" I said without turning around.

"Can you please stop pacing? She'll be fine," John assured me, although it was more to his benefit than mine.

"I know."

"Then why are you still pacing?"

"Because I'm worried," I replied, stopping and glancing down at him. "Why else would I be pacing?" John sighed.

"Sherlock, go get some rest. I'll wake you up if they call," John said kindly, imprisoning towards my room. I glared at him, walking towards the door.

"I'll be at the hospital if you need me."

"I'm coming with!" John shouted from the other room, running out and meeting me on the street. "I hope she's okay."

AMELIA'S POV

When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was no longer in the hotel room. Instead, I was in a hospital room, where a nurse had currently been checking on me.

"Oh, you're awake. You have some visitors out in the lobby. Should I call them in?" She asked, smiling at me.

"Yes, please," I replied, smiling back. She walked hurriedly out of the room. Sherlock and John appeared through the door only a minutes later.

"Thank goodness you're okay," John said, walking over to me quickly and giving me a hug, which I returned. Sherlock stood over to the side, looking at his feet.

"Come here, you." I let go of John, who took a step back, before holding my hands out for Sherlock. "I won't bite." Sherlock sighed before giving in, letting me hug him while he awkwardly patting my back. When I let go, I stared at him for a moment before talking again. "Thank you."

"For what?" Sherlock asked.

"Saving me." He chuckled.

"I should be the one thanking you."

"Why would you be thanking me?" Amelia tilted her head to the side, confused about my response.

"You saved our lives, Amy. Why wouldn't we thank you?" John asked, sitting down in a chair by my bed. I blushed, hiding in my hair.

"How long do I have to stay here?" I asked, changing the subject.

"A few more days," John said, scratching the back of his head. I groaned, leaning back in the hospital bed.

"Can we sneak out? I hate hospitals," I grumbled, crossing my arms. "John's a doctor. I don't see why I need to stay here when we have John." When John went to say no, both Sherlock and I glared at him. He put his hands up in defeat.

"Fine, fine," he agreed, walking out the door. "I'll see you at the flat." I grinned at Sherlock, who smiled in return.