Chapter 18

AMELIA'S POV

I opened the door, smiling at an aggravated Lestrade. I smiled at him before letting him in.

"What did you want to show-" He started before observing the three brothers that were sitting on the couch. All had their hands in a prayer-like position under their heads, and their legs were crossed, one over the other. Lestrade quickly turned around and closed his eyes. "Are there three of you in here?"

"Yes," the Holmes brothers said in unison. They frowned and each other before turning back to Lestrade, who had turned around to stare at them.

"Then who are you?" Lestrade questioned, referring to Sherrinford. Sherrinford lifted his head slightly and opened his eyes. He held out his hand, which Lestrade hesitantly shook.

"Sherrinford Holmes. I'm Mycroft and Sherlock's older brother," Sherrinford greeted. Lestrade glanced over at me, as if asking why he was never told about Sherrinford.

"You never asked," I muttered, rolling my eyes. Sherlock smirked and Mycroft smiled slightly. "Now, do you have a case for us?" Lestrade sighed before handing Sherlock a file.

"What kind of case is this?" Sherlock asked, looking at the case in disgust. He threw it to me before glaring at Lestrade. I stared at the case in horror before standing up abruptly and dropping it to the ground. Everyone turned to to look at me.

"Where did you get this?" I demanded, pointing to the file. Lestrade frowned at me before picking up the file.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, leafing through it.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THIS FILE?" I snapped, glaring at him. Sherrinford snatched the file from Lestrade and opened it before looking up at me with wide eyes. Both of us jumped out of our chairs before running out the door and past Mrs. Hudson. We ran out of the flat and down the streets, careful not to run into any of the people around us.

"This is bad," Sherrinford gasped, leaning against an alley wall. We had escaped from the others after we rode a cab, but they were probably still looking for us. I nodded in agreement.

"Really bad," I coughed, remembering the file.

To be simple, it was Moriarty's way of telling the both of us that he was going to blackmail us. Sherrinford and I had met a few times before, and since then we had become friends, but the others couldn't know that. We were a part of a secret agency that worked for Mycroft, so if we acted like we "didn't know each other", then it would be much simpler to hide.

"What do you think he's going to do?" I shrugged before holding my head in my hands.

"I honestly don't want to know."

SHERLOCK'S POV

"What just happened?" John asked, looking between Mycroft, Lestrade, and I. I ignored him and answered a text from my phone. While I was ignoring John, Mycroft left the room and Lestrade disappeared, probably back to Scotland Yard.

"I can answer that," a familiar Irish voice said from the doorway. I glanced up before putting away my phone.

"Go on," I replied, leaning back in amusement. "What just happened?"

"Amelia clearly is working for me," Moriarty answered, walking towards John and I. "She is my sister after all. You could say that sits the family business. Why else would she stay with you?" He turned to me and smirked. "You know very well that people of our intelligence don't have 'friends', don't you Sherlock? But I guess you go for that kind of thing now..." He glanced over at John, who looked at him in disbelief.

"I don't believe you," he stated. I looked at the ground and debated what Moriarty was saying. "You can't be listening to him. Sherlock?" I looked up at John, who was staring at me as if I had betrayed him rather than Amelia. I looked back to Moriarty, who was smiling at me.

"Why would she lie to us?" I asked. Moriarty looked at me with disappointment before continuing.

"So that she could gain your trust. How else would she learn your secrets?" Moriarty questioned, shaking his head. "She's a naughty, naughty girl." I closed my eyes before speaking.

"So what should I do?"

"Sherlock!" John shouted, standing up. "You can't be serious!" I glared at him before turning back to Moriarty.

"Eliminate her. I'll lose someone who could be a possible weakness for me, and you get rid of the one betraying you," Moriarty suggested. "I'll make sure you don't get caught if you can do the dirty work." I nodded before shaking his hand.

"What are you doing?" John asked, jumping up from his chair. "She's our friend, Sherlock! She'd never betray us!"

"John, just think about it," I snapped, grabbing my gun and walking to the door. "It makes sense. Why else would she run away from that file. There was a picture of Moriarty's snipers on top of a building, and one looked just like her." I slammed open the door and started to walk out. "She just like everyone else."