✧ 0 3 ✧

Elle jogged down the stairs of her apartment building, being met with Danny who was waiting at the bottom

Elle jogged down the stairs of her apartment building, being met with Danny who was waiting at the bottom. His hands twirled some cards in intricately complex flourishes as he waited. When he heard her he was quick to slip them back into his pocket and spin around to greet her. 

"Hi," he greeted with a soft smile.

"Hey," Elle replied simply and she slipped her hand in his as they began to walk down the sidewalk at a leisurely pace. "So what're we seeing tonight?" She had to look up at him since she was a bit shorter.

"Not sure, how does The Conjuring sound?" He asked with a smirk, knowing she despised horror movies.

"Terrible."

━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

"Sorry, we only have tickets to The Conjuring, at the moment." The cashier told the pair. Elle looked up to Danny before taking a deep breath and nodding.

"That'll be fine," She told the clerk with a smile, "Thank you." He nodded and printed off the tickets before handing them to her. Elle was quick to gave the man the money in return before Atlas could even think of getting his wallet out.

"Enjoy the movie," He said politely before turning back to the next customer as the couple made thei way to the Candy Bar.

"Why did you do that?" He asked confused, his brows furrowed "You hate scary movies."

"But you love them." She countered and he frowned.

"We really don't have to watch it if you don't want to. I was only joking about watching it, I can always watch it in my own time." He tried to assure her but she wasn't having it and dismissed him with a shake of her head. 

"You're always doing stuff I want to do, so now we're doing something you want to do." She said with a poke to his chest. He wanted to tell her that he liked making her happy so he wanted to do whatever she chose but she continued, "Who knows? Maybe I'll like it." She smiled up at him but he didn't look convinced. He grabbed them some snacks and Elle knew better than to fight him on paying. She was just happy she was able to pay for the tickets.

"Elle, you were scared of Chicken Run," He opposed as they got in line for the checkout.

"Danny, the chickens were innocent, they just wanted to escape. It wasn't their fault they couldn't make enough eggs, you can't possibly blame them for that. Mrs. Tweedy had no right to go and kill them. She was scary, Danny." She whined and he let out a small laugh.

"Okay, first of all, we've been through this before. Second of all, chickens are supposed to make eggs. That's their job. Third of all, if the chickens aren't making enough eggs and therefore not enough profit, then Mrs. Tweedy has the right to kill them. She has to feed her family and herself somehow. And lastly she was clay." Atlas countered.

"She was evil. That's what she was." Elle told him, crossing her arms, "She wanted to turn them into pies, Danny."

"What like you've never had a chicken pie? It was a kids movie, Ellie." Before she could argue further they were interrupted by someone awkwardly clearing their throat. They quickly noticed they had reached the front of the line. Elle blushed whilst Danny just handed the cashier some money for the food and drinks.

"Enjoy the movie," She chirped.

"Thank you," Elle replied happily as they made our way to the cinema.

"You sure you'll be okay?" He asked concerned and she nodded.

"I'll be fine," She assured him with a bump of her shoulder against his own, "No need to worry."

━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

Elle, incidentally, was not as fine as she had previously claimed she would be. As soon as the title card came on her body tensed. She gripped the arms of the chairs tightly and Danny leant over a bit to check on her. The cinema wasn't full, it probably only had 3 or 4 other groups in it. The chose to sit in the back left corner in the back row. Elle was by the wall with Danny on her other side.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned. All she could do was nod. Without any warning, something jumped onto the screen making her jump and yelp. Danny chuckled and slipped his hand into hers. A scream erupted from the movie and she jumped into his side. He moved her back for a second so he could lift the arm of the chair that sat between them, pushing it into the back of seat. He gently tugged on her hand, guiding her into his side. Elle wrapped her arms around him tightly, her dignity left at the theatre's door. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she pressed her head in his chest, deciding to focus on him instead of the movie. She heard every breath he caught and every beat his heard took. "Is this better?" He asked and she nodded, content.

"Much."

━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

"Did you enjoy it?" Elle asked. Once She'd managed to get her legs working, she grabbed Danny's hand and all but sprinted out of there.

"You cuddling into my chest or the movie?" He teased. She lightly smacked his shoulder as they came out onto the sidewalk.

"The movie," She clarified with a grin.

"It was okay. I liked having you in my arms more though." He flirted and while she rolled my eyes at him, she couldn't but blush. He swung his arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to his side. It was quiet for the rest of the walk, the pair just enjoying each other's presence until they came upon Elle's apartment.

"Are you going to be able to get home okay? Do you want me to call you a cab?" She asked concerned for him as he walked her up the stairs.

"I'll be fine," He assured her, smiling fondly at her concern for him. Elle couldn't help but gaze into his captivating eyes. He delicately brushed a stray lock of hair from her forehead. "Have I ever told you how incredibly beautiful you are?" The blonde blushed, but didn't have the courage to answer, not quite knowing what to say. Her gaze fell to the ground but was quickly averted back to Danny as his hand traced her jawline, gently tilting her face up to meet his. Her lashes fluttered at the sensation of his skin on hers. The pair slowly and unconsciously leant in, closing their eyes. Their lips grazed one another lightly. Pulling back with hitched breaths before they met again with a bit more courage, yet the kiss stayed soft and sweet. They pulled away, slowly opening their eyes again. Danny nudged his nose on hers and whispered "Elle, I care about you... a lot," He started, her warm gaze making him slightly nervous. "Can we make this official?" He asked and she titled my head with a small smirk.

"As in be your girlfriend?" He chuckled and nodded.

"As in be my girlfriend," He confirmed. "Is that a yes?"

Elle grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck, drawing him closer, "Of course, I wouldn't have watched The Conjuring for just anyone," He sighed in relief and pulled her in for another kiss, his hands wrapping tightly around her waist.

x Clara

Please please please comment!! I'd love to know how you're finding it so far :D