✧ 0 6 ✧

"I hate this place." Danny groaned as we pulled up to Ikea.

"Too bad," I replied as we exited the cab. "Why do you hate it so much anyway?" I asked as the cab pulled away.

"It's way too big." He said whilst linking our hands. "Plus, flatpacks are hell on Earth."

"Well then, it sucks to be you mister."

"Why?" He questioned, the purely oxygenated air breezing over us as we entered the building, the smell of Halogens was almost overwhelming.

"Because you're going to be helping me with mine. Since, you know, it was your fault." I teased. Danny had thought that mid-conversation, it was a good idea to sit on my - albeit poorly made on my part - desk. My work papers went everywhere and Atlas was left to sit on the remnant of my desk on the floor in shock as I burst into giggles.

"It's not my fault your desk was faulty." He replied with a smirk as we went up the stairs since the escalator had quite a few people on it.

...

"How about this one?" I asked Danny who stood at my side with a tilt of my head.

"It's exactly like the last one." He groaned.

"No it's not." I scoffed and looked the desk over for any differences. "...The legs are a bit different." I said hesitantly, nudging the table leg with my foot, crossing my arms.

"They're not and you know it."

"How about we test it, okay?" I suggested with a smirk. Danny paused, looking up from the desk with a raised eyebrows.

"We're not having sex in Ikea on a display desk." He replied blankly and I blinked, shocked. A mother looked at him in disgust before quickly steering her two children away from us.

"What? No." I spluttered out in a laugh. "I think you should just sit your cute little butt on it and see if it breaks."

He stared blandly at me. "You're hilarious."

"Thanks, sweetheart." I replied with a kiss to his cheek and then just stood there.

"...Are we not going to get it?" He asked.

"I need to make sure it's sturdy enough so it can survive anymore Daniel Atlas related incidences you may choose to throw it's way."

"Elara Ellis there's no way I'm sitting on that table."

"First of all, it's Agent Ellis." I smirked and he quirked an eyebrow. "Second of all, I guess we'll be staying here all night then."

"Ikea isn't open 24 hours a day."

"I work for the government, I'll find a way." I countered. He sighed, shaking his head as he moved to lean against the desk.

"Happy?" He questioned and I shook my head with a smirk.

"I don't think that's how my old desk was killed." He sighed and shuffled onto the desk awkwardly, his eyes scanning the room for strangers.

"How about now? Can we leave?" I giggled and nodded.

"Fine. We'll leave." He sighed in relief and jumped off the desk. He joined his hand with mine and we set off to get the flatpack.

...

"Section 29, shelf 18." Danny mumbled to himself as he pushed the trolly along as I walked besides him. We strolled into the section and scanned the shelves. Growing bored, I stood behind Danny and wrapped my arms around his torso, tiredly resting my head on his back with drooping eyes. I'd gotten back from a case early this morning (around 2am) and the jet lag was finally catching up with me. His hand unconsciously rested on mine as he continued to look for. "Found it." He put the flatpack on the trolly and moved it forwards to leave before stopping, an idea striking him. "Here," He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the trolly, sitting me down on the part that wasn't covered by the cardboard box. I rested my head against the wall of the trolly and before I knew it, I was out like a light.

A mess of beeps made me jump awake, I gasped, my heart pounding in my chest as my hand frantically groped my hip, searching for my gun though I came up with nothing. Two hands came to rest upon my shoulders and Danny's face appeared in front of mine and I relaxed, remembering where I was. "S-Sorry!" The cashier stuttered from behind Danny. The boy was in his early twenties with his brown hair up in a quiff. "I didn't mean to wake you up." I waved him off.

"Nothing to be sorry for." I told him. "Don't worry about it." He rung us up and before Danny could even consider getting his wallet out I had already paid.

Atlas wheeled us back over to a cab that was waiting. We put the flatpack in the boot, he wheeled the trolly back to it's designated spot and we got in the car. "Are you okay?" He asked, though he already knew the answer since these kinds of things happened fairly frequently.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled at him and shuffled closer to him so our sides pressed together. I looped my arm through his and held onto his hand, my head resting on his shoulder. "Thank you."

"What for?" He asked looking down at me.

"Caring about me."

...

"I don't think that's where it goes." He told me and I scoffed.

"Pfft and what would give you that idea?" I asked, uncertainty lacing my voice.

"Apart from the fact that I have the instructions?" He countered with a raised eyebrow. "That and the weird crunching noise it makes every time you try to screw it."

"So like you?" I quipped with a small snort and I could hear Danny scoff from behind me.

"Oh yeah, real mature." He muttered. "Just give me the screwdriver and I'll do it properly."

"You'll do it properly will you?" I questioned sarcastically and stood, handing him the screwdriver. "Have at it then Mr. Handyman."

...

Danny and I stood side by side staring at the desk. I had a grin on my face whilst Danny had a small smile. "We did it!" I exclaimed happy with a clap of my hand. Atlas' smile grew.

"We did." He then scooped me up in his arms. I let out a small squeak of surprise as he dropped me on the bed and I was thankful I'd already gotten into my pyjamas as I felt about ready to fall asleep for 3 weeks. "Time to sleep." He told me and slipped in besides me, burying his head into my shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Thanks Danny, I love you." I mumbled to him and couldn't help the smile that slipped onto my face as he replied with;

"I love you, too."

A/N:

What do you think Daniel and Elara's ship name should be?? :)

Please keep voting and commenting!!

x Clara