▴ P A R T 2 ▴

I pulled out all of the papers from my mailbox. Letters and flyers had accumulated over the 5 days I was away on a case, thankfully it hadn't rained otherwise the ink staining the pages would have been illegible.

I slipped my key inside the bolt on the door, twisting it. It clicked and I walked in, practically dragging my feet as I went. I dropped the go-bag on the floor next to the table on which I promptly placed the letters. I went and made myself a quick coffee, leaning against the counter with closed eyes and crossed arms as I waited for it to boil. I poured it in my cup, stirring it with milk and sugar before I sat back down at the head of the table.

I looked over the letters quickly, no matter how much coffee I drank, my eyes still begged to close. I straightened up when I saw a lilac coloured enveloped, addressed to me with no return address. Of course in the FBI I was trained to be suspicious of practically everything. I'd put away many people who would adore the opportunity to get their retribution on me so caution was always something that needed to be kept in the forefront of one's mind. But yet, in my sleep deprived mind, I tore the mail open without a second though and was surprised to see a tarot card fall to the table. I picked up the sleek, thick card, inspecting every inch in curiosity.

I turned it back to the front and wondered who it was from and why.

I read the title of the card.

XVII.

THE STAR.

⟪ s y m b o l i s m ⟫

UPRIGHT THE STAR can symbolise:
⇾ 
opening of one's heart
⇾ renewal of faith and hope
⇾ letting love flow freely
⇾ receiving an answer
⇾ healing of old wounds
⇾ realising inner strength
⇾ believing

REVERSED THE STAR can symbolise:
⇾ self-doubt
⇾ stubbornness
⇾ lack of trust
⇾ obstacles to happiness
⇾ being lead astray
⇾ struggle to adapt to change