Moving

Don't judge yourself by what others did to you

------------------

My eyes shot open as a large rough hand latched onto my wrist and threw me to the ground.
The smell of alcohol pierced my nose making me grimace as a painful kick was sent to my stomach.

He was home.

"Get your shit packed we are leaving" He growls before stumbling out of the room.
Slowly I pull myself up off the cold splintered wood floor and groan quietly at the aching pain that nestled in my stomach.
Shuffling over to my wardrobe I pull out a few boxes and set them on my bed.
Quickly I shove my clothes into one of them before rushing to grab the other few possessions I have.
I gently lay my photo album at the bottom of the last box before covering it with two large blankets and a pillow.
That book was filled with the only happy memories of my mum before she died leaving me to fend for myself.
Stacking the three boxes on top of each other I creep down the steps and set them next to the front door.
"YOU READY YET YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT" He suddenly appears from around the corner with another bottle of vodka in his hand.
I nod my head before looking at the ground.
"USE YOUR WORDS" He spits angrily while suddenly gripping my chin forcing me to look at him.
"Y-yes sir" I whisper only making his grip tighten.
"I cannot hear you girl" He growls.
"Yes sir" I choke out before he pushes me aside with a smirk.
Another pain had now set camp in my jaw and it was certain to bruise later on.
"I will be in the car and hurry before I leave your sorry ass here" He slams the door.
A stinging sensation nipped at my eyes but I shook my head.
Crying only makes it worse. Crying only makes it worse. Crying only makes it worse.
I chanted in my head before picking myself up and grabbing the boxes.
Opening the door I rush towards the small truck sitting in our drive.
I pull one of the blankets and a pillow out of the box before shutting the boot and scurrying into the backseats.
"Took your time girl" He growls before stepping on the gas making me hit my head on one of the back windows.
I hiss in pain as I feel a cold liquid stream down my forehead and slowly wipe away the crimson liquid with my sleeve.
Glancing around the dirt covered truck my line of sight is drawn to the window.
Finally, I noticed it was the middle of the night.
The sickly green moon rested on the dark blanket with the occasional star stitched into the fabric of the envious night.
I slip the pillow between me and the window before resting my head on the memory phone rectangle.
I pull the fluffy bit of cloth over my tired and aching body before lifting my legs up so they are resting on the middle seat.
My mind drifted as the weight on my eyes became too much and they clamped shut.
Yawning I welcome, sleep with open arms blocking out all the questions begging to be answered. 
Finally, a strange sense of peace flooded my body and the overwhelming pain in my stomach, jaw, and head instantly drained away.