A new home

(A/N - Pack house above :P)

--------------------

When every thought is a battle,

and every breath is a war,

most of the time,

you think it's not worth fighting for....

--------------------

Harpers Pov

"Hey, do you want to get your stuff from your dad's place" Heyden suggests opening the passenger seat of his car for me.
"Uh, I don't know..." I mumble quietly fiddling with my hands as he hopped in the other side.
"You okay" He questioned resting one hand on my thigh.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Let's go get my stuff," I forced a smile before pulling my knees up to my chest and pushing his hand off in the process.
I glance out the strangely clean windows and watched as the scenery flew past in a large blur of colour.
Blues greens and yellows smudged into one large scene with the odd bit of pink and the occasional purple here and there.
The large yellow ball of gold-wove its light into the scene illuminating natures beauty.
Then as we continued the scenery slowly began to look familiar.
Trees began to become taller blocking the rest of the world out and painting a dull green over the once beautiful canvas of colour.
I felt my heart begin to increase as we neared the house of hell.
Then I saw it.
The same dull gravel path that led me to almost die.
Red specs still lingered on the dull layout of stones yet to be washed away by the rain like an old forgotten memory.
Hopping out of the car I weave my way through the ever-growing lumps of wood and leaves.
My feet crunched aginst the path filling the eerie silence with a small hint of sound.
'Please don't be here' I whisper before pushing open the large oak door.
Swallowing a growing lump in my throat I peer into the echoing room.
Blood puddles had gathered and dried into the cold oak planks on the rotting floor.
The only other thing filling the silence apart from my heavy breathing was a distant drip of a leaky tap.
The simplicity of the new house and the plain walls set an uncomfortable empty atmosphere.

A small hope that he wasn't here began to grow as I snuck up the stained pale wood steps.
Pushing open the small door my heart drops and a large lump form in my throat.
My wardrobe was face down and doorless on the floor. The curtains were ripped as well as my clothes and were scattered across the chipped floor.
Holes were now etched into the rooms walls and the dull wallpaper stripped from them.
Bits of plaster joined the mess on the floor as I shifted through it hoping to find it.
Then I did.
A picture of me,my mum and dad.
He had smashed the glass cover and had snapped the hand carved frame it once sat in.
Looking closer at the picture it seemed he had ripped and crumpled it and then I saw it.
A huge red marker pen 'x' covered me on the photo with a small message under it.
'That worthless piece of shit was never mine and I'm glad she's dead'
This was the man who was supposed to protect me.
This was the man who when I was younger would tuck me into bed and sing me to sleep promising me no one would hurt me and that he would always love me no matter what.
This was the man who killed my mother.

My eyes began to burn as I pushed the photo away and ripped up the closest floor board to my bed.
Collapsing to my knees I let out a small sigh.
The small photo album sat there untouched from where I had last left it.
A small smile formed on my face as I pull it into my chest wiping away the tears.

I flick through the book double checking that bastard didn't get his hands on it.
Stopping on my favourite picture I freeze a second.
Gently I trace my hand over the thin inked piece of paper.
I was sat on my dad's shoulders laughing happily while my mum stood at the side of us holding my dad's hand.
We were laughing at my dad's floral shirt he had on.
That day we had gone on a short weekend holiday to the seaside and he forgot to pack shirts.
So we went out to get some and the only ones were bright floral patterned ones.
My mum and I could not stop laughing the whole weekend.
That was a few weeks before they started arguing.
It got worse and worse as the days passed.
He started hitting her but mum said she kept falling over.
But I knew better.
A small tear slipped down my cheek and a small sob escaped my lips.
"Harper we need to get go-"He cut himself off.
He frowned as he glanced around my trashed room.
Slowly he crouched down beside me and wiped away my tears with his thumb.
He wrapped his strong arms around my weak body and I instantly clung to his neck.
His strong scent calmed me and I pulled away before resting my head on his chest.
"You're going to be okay now... I promise" He whispered resting his head on top of mine.
"I miss her so much" I sob clinging to him like my life depended on it.
"I'm so sorry Harper" He sighed quietly before holding me closer.
 After a while of just sitting, he picked me up bridal style and carefully grabbed my album.
Silence followed as we exited the house with nothing but my photo album.
"Where are we going?" I question as he sits me in the front seat of his truck.
"Home" He answers simply before hopping in the driver's seat.
A comfortable silence fell as he began driving 'home'.
I just pull my knees up to my chest and look out the thin pane of glass to be greeted with an unchanging blur of colour.
I felt a warm hand being placed on my knee.
Slowly I take my attention off the window and to the owner of the hand.
He smiled at me making my breathing and heart falter for a second.
My eyes fell closed as I slowly fell into a deep sleep listening to the radio buzzing in the background.

"Harper we are here" I felt someone shake me softly.
My eyes slowly peeled open and I stretch out yawning.
"Morning sleepy head" I giggle covering his mouth with my hand.
I felt him lift me out the car and put him over my shoulder.
I let out a loud squeal and began hitting his back before flopping in defeat.
"Hayden" I whine before lifting my head up.
"Yes princess" A small blush rose on my cheeks at the nickname.
"I wanna see" I complain before he spins me around.
"Welcome, home Harper" He chuckles.
"THATS A MANSION NOT A HOUSE" I gasp in disbelief.
"You like it" He smirks.
I nod my head slowly before rushing into the huge building to explore.
"Harper wait for me" I hear him whine as he races after me.
Seconds later he captures me in his arms making an extremely girly giggle escape my lips.
He places me on his back before pushing open the huge oak and gold patterned doors.

I could get used to this...

--------------------------

Another chapter down!

So Harper finally got away from her dad.

And you guys finally get to see the pack house.

I hope you all like it!

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

-Tasha xox