Oh joys

This chapter is dedicated to kinda_love_you for all her amazing support

----------------------

The things you feel inside

 are reflected in your eyes

so make sure 

you have a good disguise

--------------------

I emerged from the thick wall of oak and leaves and I froze. 
A huge stone brick building stood tall and proud behind a large tarmac parking/drop off zone that was fenced off by rows of tall hedges.
Windows were dotted between the large cracked and withered walls in both new and old builds.
Students huddled on the overly large set of stairs leading to the irritatingly bright set of red double doors.
Two trees bowed down and two people sheltered there drawing and sketching the surrounding area.
Others hung in the bleachers like vampires hiding from the glowing orb of light like they were going to turn to dust. 
Then the rest were stood in huddles chatting and joking about with each other. A lively atmosphere dragged me into a false sense of security I knew would be destroyed in a matter of minutes.

'Right,' I thought to myself.
'Im sure a 5'2 girl can easily be unnoticed in this mass amount of people' I assured myself.
Slowly I attempted to weave my way through the crowd.
The conversations instantly stopped and everyone's eyes were glued to me.
I felt there intense glared burn into me making the once bubbly friendly atmosphere became tense and uneasy. 
My movements became stiff and I felt like I was in the episode of doctor who with all the weeping angels.
No one moved they just glared at me.
Soon I was hidden behind the doors and let out a heavy breath.
The hallway was empty apart from multiple rows of obnoxiously colourful lockers, a few half empty trophy cases and meaningless posters pinned into overused corkboards.
I make my way down the corridors and the only sound there was my shoes hitting the cold tile flooring.
The sound bounced off the walls and a low a hum of voices was the only thing comforting to me.
A dull light beamed from the skylights and another low buzz came from the broken lights built into the rotting ceiling.
Pushing open another set of double doors I am faced with the student and registration office.
"Hello, sweetie what can I do for you?" an overly peppy red head smiles.
"Um, I'm Harper-Ariana Reeds. I'm the new student here," I explain while fiddling with my fingers.
"Nice to meet you hun I'm Jackie and let me be the first to welcome you to Crystal River High School" She chirps clapping her hands happily.
"Um, can I have my schedule please" I question before pulling a loose strand of hair behind my ear.
"Sure thing honey" She rummaged through multiple piles of papers before pulling out my schedule and my locker as well as the code.
"Thank you" I offer a smile before pushing past the doors again.
I spot a set of stairs and sat down before glancing at my schedule.

English

Maths

Break

Art

Lunch

Techstyles

French

"It will do" I mutter to myself before starting my hunt to find my locker.
A strong smell of mint and pine filled my nose relaxing my senses.
"Harper?" I twist around to see Hayden staring at me.
His big brown eyes were filled with happiness and a large grin stretched across his chiseled features.
"Hi," My voice was almost a whisper and my heart beat sped up as he stared at me.
"Need help" He motioned towards the small piece of crumpled paper I had in my hand.
I nod in response not trusting my voice.
He grinned before grabbing my hand.
Fireworks erupted across my body from his touch and I could not help a dark blush appear across my cheeks.
"Your locker is right next to mine" A cheeky grin replaced his smirk.
I noticed more people had flooded into the halls and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, was staring at us.
Girls glared at me with jealousy taking over their once relaxed features and the boys stared with jaws dropped and drool hanging from the corner of their downturned lips.
Hayden must have seen the glares because he squeezed my hand sending my body into a relaxed state and released my tensed muscles.
We turned the corner into a surprisingly empty hall and he slowed down.
Suddenly I felt his warm minty breath fanning against my ear.My breath hitched and he let out a low chuckle.
"Relax I just wanted to tell you something you need to remember okay" He smirks.
I nod a little, my breathing shallow.
"Use your words" He whispers.
A trail of goosebumps spread across my body and a small 'okay' left my dry lips.
"Your mine" He growls his voice suddenly becoming much deeper.
Unable to move I watch him leave my shellshocked in an unknown hallway with no idea were about in this hell I was.
My mind became fuzzy and my head was spinning as thousands of thoughts flooded my already overloaded mind.

So much for not drawing attention to myself.

-------------------------------------

Another chapter down!

This time though if you didn't already know was dedicated to kinda_love_you.

Thanks for the support :P

But what do you guys think of Hayden so far? Good? Bad?

Let me know!

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

-Tasha xoxo