Waking you up

------------------

I feel like I'm waiting

for something that's

not going to happen

------------------

Heyden's Pov

***Three days later***

The doctors slowly departed from the room with sad smiles.
Her pale body lay still on the white bed surrounded by machines.
So many machines.
All leading back to her body.
Monitoring her.
Making sure she can breathe and that she is alive.
Those wires stuck in her skin were keeping her healthy.
Her eyes were shut and her breaths were shallow.
Almost non-existent.
The small blanket lay just above her hips leaving her bandages on show.
The crimson liquid was easily seen against the clean bits of cloth covering her new stitches.
She ripped her last ones a few days ago.
Suddenly out of nowhere, she started screaming, crying and shaking violently.
In her small fit, she split then and started bleeding again.

But by that time Xavier had gone on border patrol of the pack territory.
Shaking my head clear of the thought I turn my attention back to Harper.
I try my best to stay quiet as I shuffled a chair along the cold sparkling floor.
Soon I hear her mumble and her eyes fluttered open.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" I whisper peering down at the floor.
"It's fine" Her voice was weak and croaky.
"Here" I pick up a small glass of water off her bedside and hand it to her.
"Thanks" a sheepish smile creeps onto her face.
"So how are you feeling?" I ask making her shuffle up into a sitting position.
"My stomach hurts but other than that I guess I'm okay" Her eyes began to tear up.
"I didn't mean pain wise" I whisper handing her a tissue.
She quickly declined it and wiped away the stray tears off her glowing face.
"I'm fine" She grumbles looking down at her hands.
Silence crept its way into the room replacing the dull conversation.
"Thank you" She whispers after a few moments.
"its fine really you don't have to say 'thanks'" I offer a weak smile but she shakes it off.
"No, really I would be dead without you" She smiles pulling me into a hug.
Her small arms wrapped around my neck as I snaked mine around her hips.
Sparks flew through my body and goose bumps erupted across my skin making my wolf with joy.
She nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck and began crying.
I felt her icy tears run down my shoulder as I rubbed soothing circles on her back.
A sudden sadness washed over me hearing her muffled sobs and hearing how distraught she was from everything that had happened.
"Shhh, shhh, you're okay now. I won't let anyone hurt you" I promised as I hugged her tighter.
I wished it could have stayed like that forever.
But, soon enough she let go and slumped back in her bed.
"Sorry" Her cheeks flushed a light red.
"You have nothing to be sorry for" I reassured her with a small smile as I linked our hands together.
Another silence replaced all conversations but this time, it was a comfortable one.
Her blush turned into a burning flash of red as she quickly his her face with her spare hand.
"The doctors said you can go home tomorrow," I said trying to lighten the mood.
But if anything it made it worse.
Tears reformed in her eyes as she clamped them shut and bit her lip.
"Did you parents kick you out?" I question slowly.
"Parent... And something like that I guess" She muttered eyes closed the whole time.
"Well.... you can live with me then" I grinned happily.
Her eyes flew open and she glared at me in shock.
"I cannot live with you! I barely even know you!" She shouts jumping back snatching her hand from my grip.
I wanted to say something cocky but I really wanted her to like me and I didn't think that was the best way to approach the situation.
"Well you can get to know me on the way there" I smirked linking hands again.
Her eyebrows knitted together and she began biting her lip again as if she was in deep thought.
After one long defeated sigh, she glanced up at me.

"Okay"

------------------------------

The picture up top is of Harper btw

Also, I am in love with Twenty one pilots new song 'Heathens'.

Anyways.

I'm sorry I have not been updating much at all but I have a lot going on.

I have been on holiday with my family the past few weeks.

Also, I have mountains of course work I have had to do over the summer holidays so yeah.

But when I came back we have 44 reads!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!

I love you all and I am happy you guys seem to be enjoying it so far.

I am also sorry that this chapter is short but its 2 in the morning and I have to be up at 6 so wish me luck.

Anyways!

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

-Tasha xox <3