First Piece: Family

In the country of Aftokrator, I was born to a noble family - the Difenbakku family. My mother and father's names, then, were Khie and Daihar, respectively. I had three uncles on my mother's side, Meliodas Grimm, Ban Habsucht (both of whom had, unfortunately, passed away) and Kirei Kotomine, and Kirei's late wife, Claudia Hortensia, and his children Toto Kotomine and Caren Hortensia. (I haven't seen much of the Hortensias myself but I've heard they're good people.)

On my father's side, I had an uncle named Spike Spiegel, who lived in a space jet (thing) and explored the cosmos, who I hadn't seen for the first few years of my life. I also had three siblings, who were, at that time, named Shirou, Ishamet and my twin Illyasviel.

Unfortunately, only weeks after we were born, Illyasviel died, the cause being a disease that was killing the country at the time. As we grieved, Ishamet became determined to become a scientist and doctor to help cure this 'plague.'

As Ishamet began to busy himself, my parents had to work harder to support the (now) larger family. As the eldest three in the family began to work, they no longer had the time to play with Shirou or I, so instead he played with the one-year-old me. As more and more years passed, I became more distant from Ishamet and my mother and father, and instead, extremely close to Shirou.

When I turned two, every day Shirou would cut out time from his schedule to come to my room and he would read me stories, teach me to walk and speak, and write. He did a much better job than any teacher or parent would have done, in my opinion.

"Shirou, Shirou, what you read me today?" I asked, smiling widely as he walked into the room. Smiling back, he showed me one of his favorite children's books, Boy of the Three Year Nap.

"No, no, Dhiesar, it's 'what will you read me today?' or 'what are you going to read me today,' " he scolded and I nodded furiously, climbing out of the low-walled crib and walking over to him. He hefted me onto his lap, ruffling my hair. I giggled and he laughed, before opening the book.

"I love this book!" I chirped, leaning back into his chest and grinning up at him, raising my arms in the air.

"I know, that's why I brought it! Okay..." And he opened to the first page.

On my third birthday, my parents finally had enough time to come to my room and celebrate with me and Shirou. While I was thrilled, Shirou was infuriated.

As I slept in my room, Shirou scowled as he stood before his mother and father in the hall. "You have the nerve to come to her birthday for the first time in three years, carrying nothing but the clothes on your back?" He growled.

Guilt and shame flickered across their eyes.

"You couldn't even bring a flower from the garden, huh. You left her there, borderline abandonment, and I had to take care of her alone. You couldn't even give her a nanny to help me? You really don't spend that much time thinking about her, do you." Shirou's fists clenched. "And you didn't bring anything. I made that cake alone, without any help, and paid for those presents with my own time."

"Shirou, we--" Khie tried to reach out to him, but he smacked her hand aside.

"You could have spent at least a few seconds making her a drawing! Giving her a doll! But no! You didn't do anything to celebrate other than come! I know you had free time before this, I saw you sitting in the library, talking. You could have spent that time doing something for this daughter you neglected." With that, Shirou entered my room, slamming the door behind him.