Fourth Piece: Cars and Fairies

Once it reaches its worst point, it may or may not get better.

Elementary School, in Miden, was by far one of the strangest experiences I had. Not only was I not used to the "Japanese" customs, I didn't know what most of what was around me, was.

One of the good (and familiar) things I gained from Elementary, were friends.

Four boys - Lyon Fullbuster, a naturally white haired boy, Gray Fullbuster, Lyon's adopted brother but with dark blue hair, Yuichi Jin, my best friend with hazel hair and pretty blue eyes, and my other best friend, Toshiro Hitsugaya, who also had white hair, all of which were in my class.

Not everything is daisies and sunny days, though. One of the bad things that happened was a car crash.

"Toshiro, come on!" I smiled, grabbing onto his hand and pulling him along. "Daddy said it's a bit further up!"

"Sorry!" He called back, panting a bit, tired. We reached a road, and I climbed over the rail. "Is this safe?" Toshiro asked hesitantly, looking around.

"I guess we'll find out!" I turned around to face him, but everything blurred and I was suddenly flying through the air.

"SUKECCHAN!" I heard him scream. I rather like having eardrums... was the last thought that passed through my mind before I slammed into the ground and pain lulled me to sleep.

After that, I remember waking up in a wooden cabin with a small chill. It was snowing outside, and someone had laid a quilt over me, the light flickering above me.

I paused, trying to remember how I'd got here. When nothing came up, I tried to get out of bed but pain ran me over and I gasped, falling back down.

"Oh, I thought I heard the bed creak," came a voice and I turned my head a bit to see a young boy with hazel hair and honey eyes. He was floating (I did a double take on that, confused) and had a large green pillow tucked under his arm. The maybe-a-teen had a casual look on his face, as if this was one of the most boring things in the world.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice hoarse. I winced, my throat complaining.

"My humble abode up in the mountains," the maybe-a-teen explained, an intimidating air coming from him. "My name's King."

He's lying to you, Dhiesar

Don't trust him! He's a liar

"Your name...isn't King is it?" I asked uncertainly. 'King' looked surprised for a moment before sighing, hugging his pillow, chin resting on the top.

"How'd you know I was lying?" He asked, eyes growing curious. She's smart, isn't she Harlequin? Maybe you should be her friend. You don't have that many friends, do you? came a feminine Voice.

"Just...a feeling, I guess," came my soft reply as I tried to find the strength to sit up.

"No, don't move, your injuries will open up again!" He urged, pushing me back down. My spine screamed at me and I let out a sound of pain. 'King's' eyes widened and he hesitated for a moment, hands hovering over me. "I'm sorry! Are you okay?!"

I nodded weakly, trying to look calm but my face scrunched up.

"You're not okay!" He reached down to my arm, which I couldn't see, and I began to feel uneasy. Look what you did! She's scared and hurt now!

He isn't going to hurt you, came Shirou's Voice and I calmed. I felt King's cold hands as he unravelled what felt like a bandage, and my arm felt like it was freezing. He replaced the bandage before doing so with the rest of my limbs.