Seventh Piece: Reunions

As it falls again, you must brace yourself for the worst.

Ishamet's nearly-a-suicide left me stiff and distant. I couldn't think straight after that day, and Shirou's Voice seemed to be fading slowly. My mind was fuzzy and clouded, afraid I'd lose the second most important person in my life.

I'd already lost Shirou, why did I have to loose him too? were the thoughts that came to my mind.

"There...there's a way to bring him back, right?" Ishamet asked weakly, desperately. It was as if my answer would change the fate of the world.

Then again, every single possibility of things I could say could change something decades in the future.

Hesitating, I forced myself to smile and I reached my small hands forward. "I don't wanna loose you too..." I whispered, a small tear building up. "I jus' wanna see Shirou again..."

Ishamet hesitated as well before his face scrunched up and he threw the knife away, wrapping his arms around me tightly nearly to the point that I couldn't breathe. Sobs racked his body and I felt his tears soaking my uniform.

Slowly, I began to cry with him and I tugged on his shirt, wailing loudly.

Days passed slowly and got darker and darker every hour as the thought of death plagued me. What if's kept running through my head and I just couldn't do it anymore.

I searched through the libraries for old witchcraft and black Magic (since I had my newfound knowledge that it exists), and eventually found very vague traces and evidence of a summoning ritual.

Dead and lost heroes, who could be brought back to life by a chant, a circle and a drop of blood...?

"Was Shir - I mean Takashi remembered back in Aftokrator?" I asked as we sat at the dining table. Daihar hummed in thought, thinking back.

"Yes, I'd think so. He'd helped us win several battles after all. Why?" My father asked, peering at me curiously but I just shook my head.

"Just thinking," was my short response and the two of us fell back into tense silence.

...

I have to.

Don't

need to.

After telling Ishamet of my new discovery, he seemed happier. His eyes had a dim spark in them when he spoke and he even smiled a bit.

During this short period of time, our uncle Kirei Kotomine came to visit with his son Toto, asking if the glasses-wearing boy could stay with us until he had enough money to rent out an apartment.

I stared at Toto intently. He didn't have horns like I did when I was young and he didn't appear to have any signs of ever having lived in our dimension - what the Midens call the Neighborhood.

His eyes were a strange green hue though - a little plus in each one. He gazed right back at me, through his bottom-rimmed glasses, his features screaming him to be of Asian descent. His lightly tanned skin didn't help him much there.

Toto walked over to me as Uncle Kirei and my parents talked, and he crouched down a bit. "Sasuke?" He asked and I nodded, smiling in greeting. "Toto," he introduced, holding out his hand. I took it in mine and shook it gently before he turned to Ishamet, standing up again and repeating his formalities.

"Isamu, Sasuke," Kirei's voice made the two of us turn. "I haven't seen you since you were children," he continued, tone more gentle than it was before. The man walked over, his coat trailing behind him. Bending his knees a bit, he took two presents out of his coat pockets and handed them to us. "I won't be here for your birthday, so this is in advance. I'm sorry I missed out on your childhood."