Chapter 7

The next morning when I woke up, Kay was still passed out in my arms. Smiling, I kissed the top of her head before slowly getting up to allow her to rest some more. Going over to the dresser, I grabbed a T-Shirt before slipping it on and then quietly slipping out of the room. The first thing I saw was Charlotte and Andrew still passed out.

It just made my heart melt because the two look like they could be our kids. Well, obviously Andrew is but Charlotte looks like she could belong to Kay and I. I wonder who she stays with considering Kay never really speaks to me about it and it's odd she hasn't said a thing about Charlotte's parents.

Deciding to ask Kay about it later, I went out onto the balcony and sat in one of the chairs to think. I had to figure out a way to talk to Andy about what he said to Kay. I'm sure he knows she loves us very much and I can understand why he's slightly confused. But I never pictured Andy thinking that Kay was with me just because of money. I mean surely he sees the two of us interact right? Or has the lack of Kay being around cause him to question our relationship?

Though soon enough the sound of the door opening brought me out my thoughts. I figured it was just a sleepy Kay, so I waited for her to say something since I had no clue if she wanted to speak about last night or not. But instead it was a different voice that I heard.

"Is KayKay awake?" The soft voice asked before I turned to see Charlotte standing there playing with her small fingers.

"No, I don't think she's up yet. But if you want you can come sit out here with me for a bit until her and Andy wake up?" I suggested though it sounding a bit questioning. Nonetheless, she nodded and sat in the small chair beside me. "Did you sleep well?"

She nodded.

"That's good. Did you have a good time last night?"

She nodded again.

"Do you prefer Charlotte or Lottie?"

She shrugged.

"Is everything alright?"

She looked like she was about to nod again before she shook her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I have no family," she whispered almost so quietly that I barely caught what she said.

"What do you mean no family?"

"My guardian is never really with me so I have someone else with me for the time. But it's not a family. I don't have a mommy or daddy. All I have is Uncle Lex who's been with me for the last couple years."

"You can't live with him?"

"Not yet. He's been busy with finishing up school first."

"Ohh," I said as I suddenly started to wonder if this uncle of hers she was talking about could possibly be the Alex we know. And if so, then why hasn't he told Kay about Charlotte?

"Andy is lucky."

"Why's that?"

"'Cause he has a home," she said sadly while looking at her swaying legs. Biting the inside of my lip, I moved out my chair and knelt in front of her.

"You have a home."

"No I don't."

"Sure you do."

"Where?"

"Well...with Andy. Home doesn't always have to mean family. It can be friends too and it seems like you and Andy are super close."

"But Andy leaves soon."

"You can always visit though. I'm sure Kay and I could figure things out with your uncle Lex."