Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Christi's POV:

After I got the phone call from Holly, I grabbed my husband and yanked him to the car. We sped home. As we pulled into the driveway, I could see 2 figures running towards the car. I realized it was Mackenzie and Clara.

“What are you girls doing out here?” I said as I pulled them both into a hug.

“Holly told us to jump out of the window.” Mackenzie answered.

“You both jumped out of the window!!?” I said.

“Well, not literally we worked our way down carefully.” Said Mackenzie.

“Why though?” I wondered out loud.

“Because, ummm...well just go to Clara's room and see for yourself. I need to see if Brooke is ok. Holly just wanted us out of the room.”

After Mackenzie said that I booked it into the house and up to Clara's room. When I opened the door, I saw Nia with a knife in her neck, on Holly's lap. Holly was bawling her eyes out.

“WHAT HAPPENED!!” I shrieked.

Holly wasn't answering me, she just continued to sob. I kneeled down next to her and comforted her. When Holly was able to talk, I wanted to get answers out of her. Whoever did this to Nia, will pay. After 20 minutes, I left Holly to mourn. I walked downstairs into the dining room. I sat down at the table. Then I looked to the floor and saw Chloe. Dead.

“CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed, “CHLOE!!!” I continued to scream. I don't know why I kept screaming but I think it was out of shock and pain. I saw her face. Well barely. It was covered, like a mask on her face, with blood. I saw my beautiful daughter there on the floor dead. I was devastated. When I was upstairs with Holly, I hadn't really thought how it felt like to have your daughter dead. But now I did and I was feeling her pain. As I sat there looking at my dead Chlo-Bird, I realized how many girls were dying. First it was Maddie, then Kendall, then Nia and Chloe. Something wasn't right. I couldn't place my finger on it. Something weird was going on. I stood up and went back upstairs to Holly. I saw her face. The look of defeat and sadness upon her. I was feeling the same way. I told her to come downstairs. I showed her Chloe. She asked the same question I did, “why are so many girls dying?” I didn't answer her because I was looking at something that I wish I could've stopped.