Chapter 24

LAST CHAPTER!!!

Chapter 24

Christi's POV:

As I walked out of the house, I quickly grabbed the house phone just in case Jon decided to do something stupid I could call someone. I opened the door and saw Jon with Clara in his arms and three other tough looking men. Two of them had Mark in their hands with a gun held to his head.

“Hello Christi.” Jon said to me.

“Jon.”

“Wondering what I'm doing here?”

I didn't answer him.

“Of course you are. Well, I've come to take my daughters back. Chloe and Clara. Where's miss Chloe?”

“She's dead.”

“What?” He said with a look of anger spreading across his face.

“Someone killed her.” I stately answered. Not wanting to have a conversation with him.

“Who?” He asked.

“I do not know. Now hand over Mark and Clara or I'll call the cops.”

He laughed.

“Oh Christi, you were always a funny one. If you even dare to, that bullet in the gun will go straight into your husbands head. And I'm sure you wouldn't want that right?” He asked smugly.

Suddenly, Clara started screaming and crying for me.

“Clara!” I started to run to her. But then the third guy there grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back.

“Let me go!”

“Still feisty.” Jon said.

He started to walk towards his van with wailing Clara. Then the two guys holding Mark asked,

“What do we do with him?”

“Kill him.”

“WHAT!! NO LET HIM GO!! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T KILL HIM JON!!”

“Sorry honey, but I don't keep promises. You of all people should know that.”

Then with that the men killed Mark with a single shot. The guy holding me threw me to the ground and they all walked away towards the van they came in. I started running towards them to get Clara. But just as I reached the van, they sped away and I was left alone in the dark night, with Mark's dead body and the guilt that I just let Jon take my daughter away from me. But there was nothing he could do to stop me from getting her back.