Mr. J!

I woke up the next morning, the funny feeling completely gone from my head - it was nice to be feeling better. Ivy and I went to a diner for breakfast - I'd been inspired yesterday when I called my lovin' sweetheart and he was out committing crimes, so I wanted to show him I hadn't given up, but first we needed sustinance. The Tiffany jewelery shop that had been a favorite of Martha Wayne's when she still lived, they'd gotten some new, pretty expensive rare merchandise, and we were determined to get it for ourselves. I was spreading grape jelly on my stack of buttermilk deliciousness (there was just something about greasy, hometown diner food that couldn't be rivaled), and Ivy, finished with her vegetarian omlette, was watching CNN on the boxy TV at the counter where we sat.

"A attempted break-in at the Gotham City Puppet Museum by well-know infamous criminal The Joker  ended badly last night -"

"MR J!" I screamed, toppling my vinyl-covered cherry red metal stool, tossing ten dollars down on the counter and tearing out as fast as my legs, shaking with worry, could carry me, running down to the Gotham PD.

"Where is he?" I interrogated the startled Lieutenant Gordon.

"Calm down, Harleen - and he's at Gotham Community Medical....I know it doesn't have the reputation of Gotham General, but it was the closest hospital. I can arrange for a squad car to take you over if you'd like."

Of course I agreed, hoping madly he would forgive me for showing up to see him in a cop car. I was just so worried about my sweetie!

The nice (funny, I hadn't known they could be)  young police officer escorted me all the way until we found out where his room was.

"He's in a bad state, and probably won't like seeing the law...so I'll just wait outside."

I hurried in, my arms stuffed with balloons and flowers and chocolate and teddy bears, and saw him with his right leg suspended in traction and a thick, white cast, and a bandage wrapped around his abdomen, and I began to weep.

"Puddin'!"

 Ok, so I'm thinking about having a cover contest for this because I know how many people read it and it would be cool to have another custom designed cover (THX, LINDSEY!!!!!!!)...so who's interested? Also, don't forget to check out the attached video and pic - the song always makes me think of the Batman: Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn, and now that Mr. J is injured, she has a reason to whip out the funky hat and corset and platform boots (although I'm not a fan of that version).