Roomies

After staggering out of Gotham's poshest shopping district (I withdrew all the money from Mr. J's bank account - he could always steal more) I took a taxi to Ivy's place. She'd curse out Mr. J and my stupidity, but let me stay anyway. We'd have multiple girls' nights with oatmeal facials and home mani-pedis. I really missed these times. I mean, having a live-in boyfriend was great, but he couldn't replace one of my BFFs.

The gardener, a hot, young guy, looked bored, staring out at me from under thickety lashes. (Being at her place always made me break out the plant descriptives.)

"Pam went to Arkham. She says 'hey'." He looked kind of sad, now that I thought about it.

So he wasn't just the gardener....

I waved goodbye to Pammie's snuggle partner and moved on. I'd have to find someone new.

"Quinn!" Peyton Riley waved madly as I walked along the sidewalk.

"I need a place to stay," I confessed to my fellow Arkham cutup.

"Hop in!" she gestured wildly to the shotgun seat.

"Do you have really warm clothes?"

"...Why?"

Peyton smiled.

"Crystal asked me to stay the weekend. We'll have fun, all us girlies, with nary a man around but Scarface." She patted her ventriloquist's dummy, then revved up the engine. Killer Frost! I shivered (oh, no) with delight. It was so fun making new friends!