Gone

"Why didn't you tell me that you where going to leave?" Mom looks like she's on the verge of sobbing. "How could you just abandon me like that?"
"Mom, I didn't want to hurt you! Please try to understand! I don't want to go, but I don't really have act choice in the matter." My voice cracks, and I start to cry. Why do I always cry? I think. I always feel so over emotional.
"Understand? Understand! What I understand is that you are leaving me! I thought you loved me!" Moms voice rises until she is almost yelling.
"I do love you, I do! But like I said, I don't have a choice! The best I can promise you is that I will come home as soon as I can!" Why does she not understand that I don't have a choice? I has really hoped that out last few days together would be happy, but now I know that they won't be. "I promise that I'll come back as soon as I can." I repeat, as if setting it in stone.
"Your father was right. We never should have adopted." Mom says bitterly, her eyes focused on a place far away... As if focused in a memory.
"Dad? I thought that he died? Did he really not want me?" I'm so confused! Did she say that Dad didnt want me? He cant have! Why would he lie like that to me?
"Yes Mae... Your Dad didnt want you. He was from a very religeouse family, a family that didn't belive in taking other peoples children. That's why they didn't like me, because they knew that I couldn't have a child of my own. They knew that if we where going to have a child, we where going to adopt. So we did. Your father wasn't really happy about it for the first couple of years, that's why he when away a lot. But he warmed up too you, and soon he loved you as much as I did." She stops taking, sadness written across her face.
Did. She doesn't love me any more.
I feel like something has punched me in my stomach. Tears gather in my eyes, but they not fall. They stay in my eyes, growing and growing like the anguish inside of me.
She doesn't love me anymore.
Suddenly I can't stand it anymore, I race up the stairs to my bedroom, and start throwing clothes into my bag.
Wait.
I'm almost at the door of my room when I realize that I've forgotten the most important thing in this room. The dragon and the letter. Mae, you idiot! I think to myself, how will you be able to take back your throne if you can't remember a piece of paper and a statue of a dragon?
When I get to the bottom of the stairs, Mom is waiting there for me "Honey, I'm sorr-"
"I'm leaving" I interrupt her. "Don't try to follow me" My voice cracks, and my eyes fill up with all of those unshed tears. "I'm leaving" I repeat softly, then I grab my rapier and walk out.
As soon as I get on to the sidewalk I start running, sprinting.
I don't know where I'm going, but at the moment, I don't care.
I don't care.
I wish that it was true.
Finally I sit down on a park bench near the the road. As soon as I stop running, tears threaten to blind me, to make me lose control. I can't let myself lose control, because if I do, the I won't be able to think clearly. And if-
Snap!
What? Who's there... Is someone sneaking up on me?
Crap, now in really freaking out. I slowly get up from my park bench, and back away from the park, walking backwards to the light of the street lamps.
Just as I begging to calm down, to convince myself that I was just hearing things, a hand shoots out and grabs my shoulder.
Who is there?!