Monday

Catherine

Monday

A word that fills most normal persons with dread and loathing.

Monday

The epitome of evil. Who came up with Mondays anyway, the mere mention of it, drives fear into persons.

In case you haven't guessed as yet. I absolutely detest Mondays. The only saving grace for the day is the fact that I get to see the cute munchkin clients at my clinic.

The weekend as usual was filled with work, I work from Mondays to Saturdays at the St Jubilee's Clinic with only Sundays off. No dating for me the market on men seems to be dry in my area, which means more work for me on Sundays as well. Yeah me?! more patients logs to write.

As I pull up at the clinic and park I look out the window to see dark cloudy skies above, I can tell from now that today will not be a good day. Dark clouds in the Caribbean mean one thing. Rain. And lots of it.

As I enter the clinic I'm greeted with the fresh flowers my receptionist Sandra insists on placing in ever corner of the office. According to her it makes the place Zen. I don't mind though it has a sort of calming effect on me.

"Good morning Ms Lewis, do anything fun over the weekend, like I don't know get laid", Sandra whispered. With being my receptionist and best friend Sandra has no stop point or safe zone with her mouth and seeing as how this question was rather tame for Sandra I just gave her the side eye.

 "Fun? What is this word?" I asked.

 "Honestly cat, you need to go out, date, have sex, something I bet cobwebs have taken up residence to how long its been."

See I haven't dated since university, I did date this guy there once, but finding him having sex with his professor kind of turned me off men. Then when I finished school and started my clinic and wanted to meet guys, it was like I forgot how to. So I just gave up.

"Really funny sandy, your dry humor never ceases to amaze me"

"Ha be that way, your going to wake up one day at 60 with twenty cats and ask what happened?. Can't say I didn't try.

" OK sensei I will take your teachings well. But on the business hand, what do we have lined up for today. "

"Hmmm comedian now are we. Well let's see we have some kids coming over from the Augustine shelter for their routine check up, six regulars including your favorite Ms Jenkins and the Palace Hotel called, they are sending over one of there guests whose daughter was feeling a bit light headed.

I love those kids, I do free checkups for the kids at the shelter once every month and they are free to come by if they feel sick or if anything changes at anytime, its my way of giving back.

" Ms Jenkins , oh my lord that woman is going to be the death of me."I sighed

"I know girl always wants a personal checkup when she brings in her daughter and complains during and after everything, its a surprise she always comes back."

"I don't even want to dwell on her let's take today one stress at a time, oh did the hotel give you any info on the patient coming in?".

"Yes its a female child age 10 complaining of stomach cramps and a headache, she will be coming in with her dad Anthony Swatski and they will be coming over shortly."

"Okie dokie, until my scheduled clients come you can send through the walk-in patients for the time being . Let's get the day started then." I say while walking towards my office.

"Ok Ma'am" Sandy replies.

As I walk towards my office,  this feeling, like something is about to happen keeps plaguing.