Chapter Two

This could also be Cole

Revised:

As Mackenzie's vision clears she startles when she sees what was her car. She starts to cry as she feels arms wrap around her yet again. All she can focus on is the feminine hand that's visible through the car window. The hand that hugged her close, wiped away her nightmares, handed her her favorite toys and food. Now it's been reduced to a cold piece of flesh, that's going to be buried, now it's just a lump of nothing, just how little Mackenzie feels.

N o t h i n g

But that's when the gems start glowing and her eyes go back to normal, that's when she feels the coming tears. That's when Mackenzie feels raw grief for the first time in her life, that's when she finally knows, she knows that she's never go to see her parents smiling faces, tucking her into her warm, safe, bed ever again. Now she knows that she'll see their faces stiff, lifeless.

That's when she starts to feel the resentment, when she feels the anger. The rawness. The truth.

She feels the anger at these people carrying her away. She feels anger when they try to reassure her that she's safe and that they didn't do this.

She feels anger that her parents left her here.

A l o n e

And then when she's lulled asleep by hands in her hair and a calming voice that sounds like her daddy in her fuzzy state, she feels the sadness set in.

-

When Mackenzie wakes up, she'll forget for a little. But then she'll realize this isn't her bed and that is Cole, the guy that took her parents away. She'll realize that all she wants to do is go home. That she wants Jason because the royals took away her pack as well as her parents. She realizes that she's been alienated by the people who still claim to care about her. 

Original

'''

Makenzie's POV

When I turn back into me I look around and everyone is staring at me, that's when I remember my mummy and daddy are dead! I feel tears going down my face and the man from before reaches out to touch me, "Get away from me! You took me away from daddy!!" I shout, the man looks pained and then the woman with the crown says, "Sweetie, you can call me Aunt M and this is my husband, Uncle Shawn. The boy next to you is my son, Cole. He won't hurt you... but you'll have to live with us now. Aunt M looks at me for a minute before I break her stare by running through doors. I hear Cole growl so I close the doors and find a lock. I lock them and then run up some stairs, I open a door at the top of them and find a little door. When I open it I see a tunnel and a ladder. I climb down the ladder and close the door, it is pitch black until I open my hands and the little gems give off light. I walk along the tunnel until I see another ladder. When I climb up I see a HUGE room.

 When I climb up I see a HUGE room