Eight

I run full speed ahead and dart past the pack members, I spare a glance behind me and see those damn flags again, then the unbearable stench of rogues. I burst through the castle doors and set Mak down, I swiftly turn around when I hear people approaching, I calm down when I see guards, I look towards Mak, ready for her to go with them, but when I look down I just see the floor. My ears perk up and I let out a thunderous howl, stopping all motion, I stalk outside, still in wolf form, 'Who the fuck took my mate?!' I mind link, making sure everyone can hear. I snap my head towards the pond and see Mak in a rogues jaw, he smiles at me, and digs his teeth into her, I bolt there, but have to stop when there's a blinding black light, somehow sparkling, I hear Mak's screams and whine, not knowing what I can do. Once it all clears, Mak is on the ground, her hands out on front of her, the gems dimming slightly as she calms down, then my eyes roam to the rogue, who is now... a human? She looks at me, her eyes filling with tears and whispers the words that cause all of us to howl in agony, "who are you?" She tilts her head, eyes full of curiosity. I fall to the ground and she breaks out into a smile, running towards me, "PRANK'D YA!" She giggle and hugs me and pets my fur, I growl playfully. She looks up when a rogue 'slyfully' walks towards us, "Bad dog!" She yells and opens her palm, a ray of light shoots out and another rogue human. The rogue looks around and then screams.

"I love you Makenzie."

"I love you too Cole."