Seven

I clench the steering wheel looking back at Mak while she munches on her Pretzel Bites, I growl lowly when the scratch on my cheek burns more that it did. "Mak, why did you basically maul me." She finally looks up and smiles innocently, "Oh Cole-y Poly. The are MY pretzel bites... mine." She finalizes her statement by taking a huge bite out of one of her pieces. I sigh and look back to the road, I start to cross the empty intersection when out of the corner of my eye I see a black SUV coming straight for us, "Mak!" I scream, I yank my seatbelt off of me and cover her body with mine. I feel when we get rammed and hit my head while we spin. I hear Mak screaming, but it seems like a whisper since my ears have a loud ringing in them. I shake my head and act fast when I see cars surrounding ours. I yank open the door while shifting, Mak get's the idea because she quickly shifts and I pick her up by her scruff while sprinting away from the scene, I get to the tree line and bolt towards the house, Mak let's out a howl for help and we get answers back almost immediately. I hear running behind me and gun shots, I feel something slice my leg and spare a glance towards it. A bullet grazed me.

I pick up the speed and soon see pack members. But what comes next causes a whole bunch of problems.