Fourteen

I sit in the meeting while rubbing my eyes with my hand and can't pay attention to what anyone is saying. I abruptly stand up and leave the room hearing protests behind me. I jog down the hallway and exit to the car. I start driving towards no where in particular and find myself in the middle of my territory. I step out of the car and slam the door behind me, then crumpling to the floor while bawling my eyes out.

Unknown's POV
I stand up from where I was and look around, I can't remember anything.

Cole's POV
The effects of not having a Luna are really starting to show on the pack. My father has mainly taken over the pack while I train the pack. It has been total hell with out her, I have turned into a cold bastard and don't care, most of the pack doesn't smile anymore... we're dying.

Unknown's POV
They're calling me Jane now and I guess I'm okay with that since I don't even know my name and they need something to call me by. I've started up some friendships, one with a guy named Nate and the other Hale. I can't help but feel that I have to be somewhere else though, that I'm connected to something else.

One Year Later

I smile as I walk down the street, the sun shining and a nice breeze ruffling my long hair. I look around and notice Ezra, a young mother who has a two year old boy and is pregnant with a girl. I smile and wave at her and she reciprocates the action. I've become accustomed to this small town and this people in it and I can now proudly call it home. But there's the same feeling in my stomach that something is missing, that there is something I don't know. However, I can live with it, I can live like this. 

I walk into the diner and hear the bell jingle. 

"Hey Jane!" Hale smiles at me while he's serving Jim, a local man. I smile at him and walk into the back and put my apron over my outfit. 

No scarf^^

No scarf^^

I walk back out to the front and clock in. Then I grab my notepad and pencil and head to my tables.

Cole's POV

We've now turned to searching. We all know she's dead, but the whole pack thinks that I'll get a second chance mate. I doubt it.

Right now we're in a small town and most of the warriors are hungry so I signal that we're going to stop at a small diner.

Jane's POV

I smile sarcastically at Ezra as he makes another stupid joke.

"Ezra!" I say laughing. "Stop, I need to work!" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair and as I walk away I hear him mutter something that I can't make out. 

I head to the kitchen and see Pop by the stove. 

"Oi! Jane! Hand me that spoon, would ya!" I scurry over and hand him the spoon, he gets a little of something on it and pops it in my mouth.

"How's that!" 

I nod my head while trying not to spit it out. He smiles mischievously at me and throws me a napkin. I spit it out, throw it into the bin and take a water bottle.

"What in the hell was that!?" 

He just winks at me.

Typical.

I shake my head at him with a smile and turn to the front, but then I lock eyes with something beautiful.

A piece of pie.

Just kidding. A totally gorgeous man.

Cole's POV

As soon as we entered the diner I could smell her. I took another sniff and then looked up and saw the most gorgeous creature standing before me. 

"Jane! The food!" A man yells at her from a booth.

That seems to end the trance she was in and she shakes her head while picking up a place and drink and scurrying over to the man.

"Thank God! I was about to eat the table!"

She gives out a little laugh and her eyes twinkle a little. Jason stiffens at the sound of the laugh and his head shoots towards her. 

"I-is t-that Juliette?" He stutters out. 

I nod slowly and study her.

She places the plate down and takes a hand to her lips and blows him an air kiss before turning towards us, her eyes widen when she sees are group of about thirty. 

"Um, is it ok if you all sit at tables that aren't connected?" I stare at her, confused before someone answers for me. 

"Sure."

She flashes us all a smile and when she reaches past me, I make sure that out skin touched. She jumped, so I know she felt the sparks. 

Jane's POV

I shake off the unfamiliar feeling and lead the group over to tables, before leaving quickly to get water and coke pitchers for everyone. 

"Hey Pop! I need help with orders on tables 8-11!" I see him nod and then I place the water and coke down.

"Hi! I'm Jane, I'll be your waitress, what can I get for ya?" 

The one just stares at me until another kicks him.

"Um, yeah. Ju-Jane, I'll just take the hamburger."

I nod and right down the rest of the orders before taking them to Pop. As I turn around I see Hale standing behind Ezra, both looking nervous. 

"Um, Jane, I know that your still trying to... acclimate... but, um, I was wondering..." Ezra nervously scratches the back of his head, "I was wondering if you would go on a date with me tomorrow night?"

I feel a smile slowly show up on my face.

"Yeah, I would like that."

Ezra beams at me and hugs me quickly and Hale shouts.

"I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT EZRA GREW SOME BALLS AND ASKED OUT JANE! SPREAD THE WORD! THE TOWN MUST KNOW THAT KNEW BABIES ARE ON THE WAY!" I blush but laugh none the less, but can't help the feeling that I'm being watched. 

I glance over at the party and see them all looking at me weirdly, sadly, or happily. I furrow my eyebrows but smile again when I see Ezra.

Cole's POV

"I am going to kill him."