four

"Thanks, grandma! You're a lifesaver." Luna smiles as she leads Evelyn into the Morgan's kitchen.

"Anytime, dear."

"She smells funny." Jane pouts as her brother pats her on the back.

"No, she doesn't. She... Smells nice." Ethan chuckles nervously. "Like flowers and... and mothballs."

"All right, now if the pizza isn't here in," Benny looks down at his watch. "Twenty-six minutes, you do not pay a dime," Benny orders Grandma Weir, who nods as she looks downs at her watch.

"We will be right back. I promise." Ethan states as he put on his denim jacket.

"I hate being eight." Jane sighs from the table.

●•●•●

"What is all that stuff?" Ethan asks Benny as Luna trails behind them.

"Digicams with night vision infrared. You can't possibly expect us to investigate the supernatural realm without the proper equipment!"

"Fine! Just keep it on the down-low, okay? She already thinks I'm a perv."

"You said her reflection wasn't all there, right?" Benny asks the two, who nodded.

"Yeah."

"Here's a thought: what if this is some publicity stunt for that stupid Dusk movie?"

"If this is a punk, I knew it all along!" Benny shouts into the night causing Ethan and Luna to shush him.

"Benny! Shh!"

"Come on. I think she was headed towards town."

"Why are we stalking your babysitter again?" Luna asks from beside Benny.

"She's not my babysitter!"

•●•●•●

"It's hopeless." Luna sighs as she pants. "We lost her."

"Must. Have. Pizza."

"She's out here. I.. I feel it."

"What?" Suddenly the three teens hear rustling among the trash cans in the alleyway. The walked over to it and heard glass shattering. "Shh. There's something in the alley."

"No.. I thought trash cans move themselves!" Luna whisper-shouts, making Ethan turn towards her with his eyebrows raised and stares at her with an unamused matter.

"Night vision, engaged." Benny turned on the night vision camera and his eyes widened.

"What?"

"Benny, what?"

"Fine, I'm just going to see myself--" Luna was cut off by Benny putting his arm in front of her. "We should leave."

"We should leave right now."

"Why?" Ethan asked as he grabbed Benny's camera. He looked through it and his eyes widened as he handed it over to Luna. The three teens screamed loudly and Sarah growled at them, making them scream again as they ran away, well Ethan and Luna did. They both went back and grabbed a screaming Benny by the shoulder and ran away onto the sidewalk.

"We are so dead!" Ethan cried as they ran.

"Speak for yourself. Skinny guy coming through! Warp nine!"

"Ahh! Help!" Ethan screamed but it did nothing as Luna ran beside him. "My babysitter's a vampire!"

●•●•●

"Remember Halo level three?" Ethan pants out as he looked behind them.

"The battle plan I sent both of you? Evasive maneuvers."

"Alpha Phi strike delta six. Engage!" Luna screamed and ran forwards, making herself trip over her own feet and crash into a huge flower pot. Benny and Ethan stared at each to her before running over towards the groaning girl.

"You missed... the pattern.."

"Sometimes I just skim Benny's emails."

"Fair enough." Luna gasped out as Ethan grabbed her hand to pull her up. "Thanks."

"What's your problem?" They heard a voice and turned to see Sarah. They all three screamed loudly as they scooted back.

"Just hold on!" Ethan reached his arm out to stop her. "If you eat us, that would so not be cool."

"If I wanted to eat you, I would have done it by now." Sarah chuckled and Benny pointed accusingly at her.

"See? She's going to eat us! We're doomed!"

"No, no, no. I just want to talk to you guys!"

"Demon of the night, be gone!" Luna screamed as Ethan held out two sticks in a cross in front of them both.

"Guys," Sarah sighs as she stares at the scared teens. "Whatever you saw, it's not what it looks like."

"You're a freakin' vampire who eats animals and drinks their blood and stuff!"

"It's exactly what it looks like!" Luna raises her hands in the air as she stares at the babysitter.

"Okay, so it kinda of what it looks like, but--" Sarah was cut off by Benny who points at her, "I'm warning you, I had garlic bread for lunch, and I am not afraid to use my breath."

"Would you three shut up? I'm just a normal girl, okay?" Sarah yells at the three who back up slightly. "At least I was until I got bit by my crummy ex-boyfriend. I'm technically still a fledgling until I drink human blood."

"Which I really don't want to do, so... I have to figure out how to stop this thing before my mortal body dies, or at least stop it from happening to more people like Erica."

"So you're sure this isn't some stupid thing for that Dusk movie?" Luna asks cautiously.

"I wish. Come on. Let's get out of here. I'm not the only one feeding tonight."

"Okay."

"I'll take you all home, and if I'm lucky, I'll find Erica before it's too late." Luna, Ethan, and Benny followed Sarah as she walked away.