twelve

Luna rushed into the hallway of the school, she was in the bathroom as the boys were in class. She looked around and saw Benny and Ethan sitting against the lockers, laptop in Ethan's hands.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Luna sat down next to her brother who looked over to her.

"The absolute worst news yet."

"Which is?" Luna trailed off waiting for someone to answer her, Ethan finally did after a minute or two.

"We have to go see Dusk III."

After that conversation at school, the three teens went and found Sarah and told her the news. She nodded and lead them outside and she then trained them about fighting vampires and what not.

They put holy water in the water guns, Ethan got nerf bullets and put pencils through them, it seemed like they were gearing up for war. Which they kinda were if you think about it.

~~~

"Hey, Jane? We'll be back soon, okay?" Ethan said as he walked into the dining area with Benny, Luna, and Sarah behind him.

"If we don't get sucked dry."

"What?!"

"Nothing, Benny's just hoping he doesn't cry during the movie because he's a wuss." Luna quickly said glaring at Benny who nodded along slowly.

"Nice. Anyway, see you, grandma!"

"What I've got something for you boys, and Luna."

"Oh, no grandma. We've really got to go." Luna smiled apologetically at her grandma who was digging through a bag that was sat on the table.

"We've already eaten and I don't think we need any.... decorative knives." Benny trailed off as she pulled out three knives, Luna's eyes widened as she stared at them.

"If you're going to be battling the bloodsuckers, you're gonna need these."

"Woah!" Ethan said as he took them away from her grasp.

"Wh... where'd you.. where'd you get those?"

"Spend almost a century in this town and you pick up a few things. Oh! And this." Grandma Weir turned around and picked up a book before turning towards Benny.

"Now, I bookmarked a few spells for you. But be careful! They don't always do what you want them to when you haven't practiced."

"Are... are you a witch?" Jane asked from the table and she turned around quickly.

"Oh, goodness, no! Not a witch, honey; I'm an earth priestess. Very different. And much more fun." She turns towards the drawing Jane made and turned it come to life making everyone gasp in amazement.

"Okay, what can I do?" Luna asks excitedly and Grandma Weir turns to look at her with a sad look.

"You mean... I can't do anything?"

"I don't know, dear. You could have something but we just don't know yet."

"Oh, come on! Ethan has weird visions, Benny can cast spells and Sarah's a vampire, but I can't do anything!" Luna frowned deeply and Ethan patted her back.

"Here, take my keys. And remember: evil is always at a disadvantage. The Earth is good. You're fighting on the right side."

"All right... Shall we?" Benny asked holding up the keys everyone nodded and walked towards the door, Sarah took the keys out of Benny's hands.

"And if you scratch my car, I'll turn you into a toad!"

"Please do it anyway!" Luna called before shutting the door. The teens hopped into the car and Sarah turned it on before pulling out of the driveway and driving to the movie theater.

"I think the cubile animus works as a kind of soul vacuum, Jesse will try to capture 219 souls tonight. Then, I don't know, somehow trade them to bring back all his followers." Ethan said to Luna, as she was the only one who would understand what he's saying right now. She sighed as she looked out the window.

"'Soul for soul.' It's so evil!"

"Grandma failed to mention that this book isn't even in English." Benny shook his head as he looked through the pages of the spell book he just got.