ten

Luna hid behind a gravestone with Ethan, they were currently waiting on Benny to get the holy water from inside the church. Luna turned her head to the side as she heard grunting and saw Benny collapse next to her, the holy water in his hands.

"Shh!" Ethan shushed Benny before pointing into the distance. "They're over there."

"Look at them, hoodies and sunglasses. Nice look if you're--" 

"Hey." Benny was cut off by Sarah as she walked behind them.

"Ah!" The three quietly yelped before sighing in relief.

"Looking good," Benny said jokingly, as Sarah had on a hoodie and sunglasses. 

"Heh."

"What're you doing here?" Luna asked the girl who sat beside Benny.

"Same as you guys. I'm following them. I just wish I knew what they were up to."

"Well according to Rory, they're after the 'Cuban animals'." Benny laughed sarcastically before looking back over at the group of vampires.

"Cuban animals? You mean cubile animus?" Sarah looked between the three before sighing. "I've heard Jesse mention it before. I think it's Latin or something." Luna put her hand on Ethan's shoulder to steady herself and Ethan gasped as his eyes turned white.

"Two hundred and nineteen..." Ethan mumbled and Benny looked down at his phone.

"Wikipedia says that cubile animus is Latin for 'nest of souls'." 

"I think I just saw it. This little box with weird carvings on it." 

"A box? Like that one?" Luna pointed to the vampires who took out a box from the hole they dug.

"The cubile animus."

"Great. Nest of souls." Benny sighed in defeat. "How long until something hatches?" Luna snorted, that was not funny at all.

"We have to stop them." Ethan looked at Benny who looked back at him.

"Heh. We've got a fresh supply on the anti-vampire juice." Benny picked up the pitcher and moved so he was facing Ethan and Luna, the water splashing on Sarah in the process.

"Ow! What the heck?!" The vampires heads turned our way and the three tried shh-ing Sarah but it was no use. But before the vampires could walk towards them, they got up and ran down the hill, out of sight.

"So... What's with these 'visions'? You get them often?" Sarah asked Ethan, out of breath.

"No. They started when you showed up. It's like, a door opens to a whole other dimension or something."

"I think it happens when we touch, here." Ethan held out his hand and Luna scoffed quietly.

"Nice try, Casanova." Sarah pulled her hand far away from his and laugh sarcastically.

"Can't blame a player for trying," Benny said jokingly. "But... Maybe I'd get visions too if I--" Benny reached his hand towards Sarah and she slapped his hand.

"Cut it out."

"Sorry," Benny mumbled quietly and Luna laughed. 

"You don't get visions."

"And if I see that hand again, I'll consider it a snack." 

"Please do," Luna said causing Benny to stick out his tongue at her. "Very mature."

"So Jesse never told you what the prophecy is? Or what 219 means?"

"I'm just a fledgling, remember? He'd only tell a real vampire."

"None of them are dumb enough to just tell us." 

"Well..." Ethan trailed off and Luna instantly knew what he was thinking. "...One of them is."

"And I..." Luna reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. "Have his number."