Guardian Angels

Caroline felt no more pain but bliss. Sun on her face, birds tweeting above her head and... she was in heaven. That's why she can hear such wonderful noises.
She could hear horses in the distance and assumed that was the two horses from Noahs ark in heaven. Thats how the bible works right?
One is white with brown patches and the other is black with with spots. Or at least that is what her mother always told her.
To tell the truth she didn't care. The sun was warming her nicely and she wanted nothing more bit to stay here, like this, forever.

The horses were getting closer and louder. Caroline tried to open her eyes but it felt nice to keep them closed for now.
The horses stopped and Caroline heard some one get off one of the horses but she felt weak so she only opened her only slightly. The person leaned over her. She couldbt make ou t a face because the sun was in her face. The person looked for a moment then turned away from caroline and spoke.

"It appears it is a woman brother. She is still breathing so what do we do?" Caroline recognised the voice but could not place it...

A second person got off the other horse and strolled over next to the first person. He too leaned over Caroline to inspect her.

"We shall take her home to heal her, then we can see if anyone knows her or where she comes from" the second man replied.

Before Caroline knew what was happening she was picked up and put on a horse. Her vision was blurry so she could bearly see the guardian angels taking her to the gates of heaven. Well, that's where she thought she was going...

The journey was steady and calm. Caroline felt her strength coming back but she still felt tyred. 'Who knew dying could be such hard work' Caroline wondered drifting in and out of thought.

The angel holding her was quite young but strong if he could lift her, although aren't all angels super strong anyway?

When the horses stopped Caroline could hear people being busy like in a popular clothes shop or in a shopping centre back home. Her guardian angels gently carried her off the horse. A squeaky door was opened that was obviously made of wood and metal. The angel carrying her floated through the door.

"Mother, father, we found a girl!" Said the second angel.

'Mother? Father? What is going on here?'
These questions tumbled through Carolines mind as she was placed on a straw bed. The hay prickled her bare skin and she felt uncomfortable in her position.

"What do you mean you found a girl?" A woman's voice came from another room and came closer as it continued. "Where did you find her and why is she in this state?"

Caroline felt a blanket or something being draped over her naked body. Caroline went and began opening her eyes again only this time she caught a hazy glimpse of her savours.

Elijah, Kol and a blonde woman with braids in her hair and a baby bump...

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

'Here I come love' thought Klaus blissfully as he closed his eyes ready for the sweet release of death.

His fist hit his chest and he was waiting to burn but the pain never came. Klaus opened his eyes and blinked at Stefan who had the White Oak Stake in his hand.

"Give that to me!" Klaus demanded speeding over to Stefan and shoving him against the wall. Klaus started clawing at Stefan hand which held the stake. "Give it!"

"Caroline wants you to stay alive, so we're going to keep her dying wish, Klaus" Stefan choked. Klaus glared at Stefan and was about to bite him when he felt a sharp pain in his head.

It was Bonnie.
Tears ran down her face freely but she didn't seem like she was going to break down. Klaus looked helplessly at Bonnie and finally Bonnie stopped the pain in Klaus's head.

"You're staying alive, Klaus " Bonnie breathlessly sobbed "for some reason Caroline wants you alive still so you are not dying today"

Bonnie sniffed and took the White Oak Stake from Stefan. She chanted something and the stake turned to ash, then dust and finally to nothing. Klaus bowed his head in defeat. That was his last one!

A thought came over Klaus's mind and voiced it as anger boiled inside of him.

"How did she even become like that in the first place, Witch?" Klaus rose to his feet and slowly moved towards the Bennett witch fiercely. Stefan backed up into a protective stance in front of Bonnie and put his arm out to try and stop Klaus in his tracks. "Move Ripper, this witch killed the love of my life."

"It wasn't her fault the spell failed and went out if control, vervain wasn't even part of the spell!" Stefan tried to reason with the fuming hybrid.

"Well then who could have it been if not her?" Klaus roared his eyes turning black and yellow.

"Why would I purposely kill  my best friends Hybrid? " Bonnie returned trying to move out from behind Stefan.

"Because you know I love her and wanted to hurt me!" Klaus snapped

"If my spell had worked we would be hurting you right now!" Bonnie let the cat out of the bag...

Klaus looked shocked. Caroline helped the Bennett witch with a spell to kill him?! Why would she do that?!

"You mean to say..." Klaus choked and didn't finish but left.
As he was leaving Bonnie quietly revealed that Caroline didn't know but Klaus was already gone. Stefan on the other hand, heard Bonnie clearly and was lost for words.

"You mean... Caroline... had no idea?" It pained Stefan to say her name but he had to make sure what he heard from Bonnie was not something his mind made up.

"She knew it was a special spell, that was it..."

Bonnie felt guilty as Stefan ran after Klaus...