Cupids Arrow

The market place was busy as usual. The hustle and bustle of the people selling and buying disorientated Caroline but she recovered easily remembering stores back home having sales. She leaned on Klaus to keep her balance. Klaus was concerned until she gave him a reassuring nod and stood straight still holding his arm.

Esther had bought Caroline a brown under dress and a cream apron for over the dress instead of the thing she was currently wearing. The belts came also. So she didn't have unwanted attension from other villagers, Caroline hid behind a tree with Kol and Klaus looking out for any indecent creeps trying to look at Caroline. She changed without any problems and gave Esther back the other dress.

Klaus and Kol's jaws were on the floor when Caroline came from behind the tree with the dress on. When she giggled at their reactions Klaus closed his mouth and slapped Kol on the back of the head prompting him to do the same.

Back in the middle of market Esther was buying food things with Rebekah and Kol helping her. It was midday so the five of them found some food to share. Carolime wasn't that hungry so she had some bread and water.

After that Caroline walked over to a woman selling small flowers. She had snowdrops, bluebells, daffodils and many other colourful flowers. Klaus noticed Caroline admiring them and waited until she had walked away to look at something else before buying it for her.

"How much is the bluebell?" Klaus asked sweetly glancing over at Caroline.

"Not that one, this one" the old woman said giving him the snowdrop instead. "And if she kisses you you don't have to pay"

Klaus blushed at her words and took the snowdrop from her and twirled it slowly in his fingers. The woman was distracted by another customer so Klaus sneakily left two gold coins in her bowl and raced over to Caroline.

"Caroline," Klaus called. She tuned and smiled. "Here" Klaus was being awkwardly cute which made Caroline giggle. She then saw the snowdrop he was giving her.

"Klaus, this is...."She took the small flower and tucked it in the belt. "Beautiful, thank you!" Klaus smiled and turned his head to hide his blush.

"Klaus I need your help please" Esther called. Klaus winked at Caroline and ran to help his mother pickup the sack of potatoes she had just bought.

Caroline was tapped on the shoulder and turned around to see a hunched over woman covered by a blanket. She could bearly see her face.

"Hello there deary," she croaked "I have something for you."

"I'm sorry, I can't buy anything. I have no money" Caroline sadly told the woman.

"This deary was especially made for you." She reached into her basket and pulled out an arrow. It seemed to glow in the light but it faded and looked like an arrow that had been hand crafted. "Give it to the one you love, he will win your heart with it"

"I cannot accept this-"

"You must! Cupids Arrow will strike fairly and truly, he'll need it for the tournament" Caroline was about to respond when she felt someone grab her arm. She turned to see Rebekah tugging at her jumping and yelling.

Caroline turned to the old woman but she was not there...

"Come on Caroline, we're going home!" Rebekah dragged Caroline to the rest of her family who were stood waiting for her.

They began walking back to the house. Rebekah and Kol ran ahead playing tag. Esther waddled in front of Klaus and Caroline who were slowly walking side by side.

"What's that?" Klaus asked Caroline nodding to the arrow in her hand.

"I found it on the floor, it looks like it's in good condition"
Caroline held up the arrow so Klaus could see it better. Once again she had lied but felt the need to.

"That looks like on of my arrows," Klaus said looking at the weapon in Carolines possession. "Look my initials" he pointed at the 'N.M' looking shapes on the side of the arrow.

"Hmmm... do you usually take arrows to the market?"

Klaus looked puzzled and shrugged. He set the potatoes down outside the house. Esther was already inside as Rebekah and Kol ran around still playing tag.

There was a pot on the outside fire with dinner cooking. It was almost the end of the day. Caroline realised how much she did and felt sleep calling her but first she wanted some dinner.

Mikael and Esther saw Carolines tiredness and encouraged her to go to bed immediately after she had finished eating. Tonight Elijah volunteered to sleep outside to Caroline and everyones surprise. Klaus didn't argue he had an opportunity to sleep next to Caroline!

As soon as Carolines head hit the floor she fell asleep. She stirred when Klaus brought Rebekah and Kol to bed. Kol tried to scoot next to Caroline but his sister beat him to it. And he was too slow to get to Elijahs bed.

Carolime was laid on her right side facing Klaus who was on his left. He watched her sleep and drifted off thinking of her beauty...
________________________________________________________________________
Dream Sequence

Carolime was stood in the dark. Nothing was visible. Instantly Caroline turned around to try and find a source if light. God only knows how many times she turned around before she spotted a rectangle door shaped light. It was quite far away and would be a hell of a walk... she thought that until she heard a voice...

"Caroline, Caroline Forbes" it was a far off raspy voice but grew closer; that's when Caroline knew it was a good idea to run for the light.

As she grew closer to the door like light Caroline stumbled and fell through falling onto a grassy floor. She turned to look at the darkness to find it not there. Her head then became hazy and she has slight tunnel vision.

There was an oak tree directly in front of her that was unnaturally huge and had a red trunk and purple leaves. There was no breeze yet Caroline could hear the tree moaning and leaves rustling.

"You must give the Cupids Arrow to Niklaus" the voice was different from the other. Still a whisper but more soft. "Only he can use it at the tournament"

Caroline held up her right hand to notice she was holding the arrow she was given at the market. It was glowing pink and felt warm as she fingered the initials 'N.M' whispering Niklaus's name.

There was a loud growl and everything went black. Suddenly an image of Klaus covered in blood flashed in Carolines face.
________________________________________________________________________