Sleeping Arrangements

After everyone had had their fill of Esthers Rabbit Stew Finn told his family about the deer he and his father saw while out hunting.

"It's antlers were the size of branches and was very large." Finn motioned the size using his hands and put them upside his head. "We didn't kill it though because we didn't have any arrows... and something startled it so it ran away." Finn sounded disappointed but looked at his father with a smile.

"We'll get it next time Finn, we'll track it down and make a feast of it." Mikael reassured his son patting him on the shoulder. Rebekah tried to hide her yawn but nothing could be hidden from Esthers watchful eye.

"Right young lady bed time!" Esther stood up and motioned for Rebekah to come inside. "You too Kol come to bed"

"But I'm not tired yet!" Kol moaned falling onto the floor so he wouldn't be pushed into the house.

Caroline winked at Esther and Rebekah then smiled a scheming smile.

"Oh Kol I don't know how you're not tired, I can't keep my eyes open" Caroline said placing her hands on her heart then one on her head as she leaned her head on Klaus and lay her legs on Elijahs lap. This made Kol stand up immediately and he did something that surprised everyone... He picked up Caroline and started to go towards the house.

At first Caroline screamed at the shock of being picked up but then giggled when Kol had to put her down because he wasn't strong enough to hold her.

"Are you tired now?" Caroline asked Kol seeing his eyes droop. Kol didn't want to appear defeated so sat on the floor. "Ever defiant"

Caroline put her hands on her hips and turned back to the boys. Klaus was stood next to Elijah; they were both stood in front of the fire. Elijah was ridged and stiff he swayed slightly and Klaus had his fists clenched at his sides. Finn and Mikael had confused displeased looks on their faces. Caroline smiled timidly and sat back down on the log.

"I'm that heavy it made him tired" Caroline brushed off and changed the subject "did you have anymore adventures Finn? Klaus? Elijah?"

The four men sat back down, Mikael still had his doubts about the guest. There was many looks given to Caroline so Klaus leaped at the chance to help Caroline by telling the tale of how he killed a stag. His father tried to undermined him but Elijah backed his younger brother up.

Esther came out after an hour inside making the youngest two go to sleep Though they weren't babies they were the youngest of the family therefore treated like babies until the actual baby's born. Esther told the boys to get to bed because they had to go hunting early tomorrow. Mikael went inside first followed by Finn and Elijah.

Caroline was looking up at the starry sky. There looked like there was more than usual; it was a special sight. Caroline hadn't notice Klaus sitting next to her also staring at the sky until he cleared his throat.

"You can have my bed tonight, Caroline" Klaus shyly said to her admiring the way she gazed at the stars. Caroline blushed.

"Nonsense Klaus, she'll have my bed" Esther pipped up.

"Esther I could not, you are heavily pregnant and I would much rather sleep under the stars" Caroline said standing trying to move Esther inside.

Esther sat on the bed Caroline woke up on earlier that day and gave her a thankful look. "But you are our guest"

"Caroline is right mother, you take the bed and Caroline can have my bed" Klaus suggested. Caroline protested once again but did not win their fight this time. Caroline would sleep inside and Klaus would sleep under the stars.

"I will sleep inside but I would like to watch the stars for a while longer" Klaus smiled at Caroline. Esther gave a nod and quietly shut the door. Caroline sat on the floor and rested her head on a log. Klaus sat next to her and admired her as she star gazed.

"You know, it's rude to stare" Caroline giggled feeling his eyes on her. Caroline looked down from the stars and met his eyes. "How old are you?"

"I am now seventeen, why do you ask?"

"You look very mature for your age. You look about nineteen or twenty!" Caroline turned so she was on her left side facing Klaus fully. "How old is Rebekah and your other siblings?"

"Well Rebekah is now sixteen and Kol will be fifteen soon" Klaus explained talking about his younger siblings first. "Elijah turned eighteen last month and Finn is nineteen" Caroline watched as Klaus's eyes lit up when he talked about his family; she didn't even stop him when he told her stories about them.

"Oh look," Klaus looked up and followed Carolines pointed finger a shooting star. "Wow!"

"Its beautiful, just like you"

Caroline blushed at his words and looked down from the stars at her feet. Klaus edged closer to her wanting to touch her. Caroline noticed this but did not move.

Klaus was sat so close to her now that they could hear each other breathing. Caroline turned her gaze to meet Klaus's. His stormy blue eyes shining in the fires light. They were both blushing, Klaus more than Caroline surprisingly.

"It's getting late, I..." Caroline ripped her gaze from his to look at the house and that's when she felt it...

Warm, sweet but short kiss on her cheek. Caroline went as red as a beetroot as she looked back at Klaus who was inches away from her face. He was staring at her lips longingly and Caroline had to shake herself out of this fantasy.
Klaus closed his eyes and moved forward but opened them when he heard the door open and close. She was gone.

"Good night, my sweet Caroline"