Are We Over?

Luke snaked his arm around Annabeth's shoulder, pulling her close. "Let's go Baby, it's cold outside."
Even if she didn't want to be near Luke right now, she appreciated his warmth. It was cold. She hadn't really thought through returning Percy's jacket to him, considering now she was shivering down to her boots.
"Back to my place?" She asked, leaning her head on Luke. This was one of the few chances she got to really talk to him it seemed, he was back to being gentle.
"Yeah, sounds good. You look tired." He agreed, guiding her back. Once in their apartment, Luke heaved a breath.
"I asked you not to talk to him Anna." She knew he was trying not to be mad.
"I know, but it's my life, and if I make the wrong choice you can say I told you so."
"You just don't get it. I'm trying to protect you. I don't want you to run to me crying. Yes, I'll be here for you, but I don't want it to ever come to that. That's what Percy Jackson does to girls."
Annabeth folded her arms across her chest. "And how would you know that?"
"Have you seen him? He's that type of person."

Annabeth wasn't so sure. "Look, whatever you have between you two, keep it between you. I don't want any part in your drama. I'll be friends with who I'd like, thank you very much."
She was tired, and not in the mood for his complaints.
Luke groaned. "Fine. But I'm not going to sit back."
She didn't want to ask what he meant. She didn't want to deal with it right now. She just wanted to go to sleep and worry about all this tomorrow.
"Okay." She answered simply, shuffling into her bedroom.
"Okay? You don't care?"
She shrugged. "I'm over your opinions on how I should live my life Luke. I know what I'm doing, believe it or not."
"No, you don't. If you did you wouldn't be making so many stupid decisions like this."

Something inside Annabeth snapped. "You know what was a stupid decision, Luke?" She asked deadly calm.
Luke stared her level. "What's that."
"You. All you've done in the past month is yell at me for my decisions. My friends. My classes. My life. I'm done with it, okay? Please leave I want to sleep in peace."
Luke said nothing, just nodded and left. She hadn't expected it to be that easy in any way.

Maybe Luke has finally grown up? She just shrugged and shook her head, going to bed and crashing.
She had another dream about Percy.
"I don't have much time. But I'm scared for you, Annabeth. Following me is dangerous, you could get hurt. I don't want that for you."
He was hugging her this time.
"Why is it so dangerous, Percy?" She asked, looking up at his stormy eyes.
"Because... It just is. I can't tell you, but you have to trust me."
"Why? All you've done is keep secrets from me..."
Percy's eyes flashed with hurt, and he quickly closed the gaps between their heads, connecting his lips to hers. She reached on her tiptoes, snaking her arms around his neck, returning his kiss. She was surprised, but not in a bad way.
"That's why. Because I haven't kissed anyone since high school."
That would be a shocker for Luke.
She bit her lip before reaching up and kissing him again. "Shut up and kiss me," she quoted.

He laughed and did as she commanded. His lips were warm, and gentle but commanding against hers, commanding hers to part.
They did. This was becoming a full out make out session fast. The thing was.. She didn't mind it. In fact, she liked it.
"I don't have long." He whispered into her neck.
"Then make the time you have memorable."

He smiled and lifted his face back up to kiss her again.
And then it became a make out session. Full on tongues.
But all too soon Percy pulled back. "It's time for me to go."
Annabeth once more grabbed his jacket collar, pressing her forehead to his. "Why?"
"Because I have people to protect." He nuzzled her and pulled away.
"Wait..." She called. "Can I have a memory token?" She didn't know what made her ask, but she did.
He smiled sadly and pulled off his jacket, throwing it back to her. "I know you like it." He chuckled, before winking and fading away once more.
Annabeth woke to the sound of her neighbor's loud truck roaring to life in the parking lot below, moaning, the events of last night playing over in her head. Had her and Luke just broken up? It seemed that way...
She moved to sit up, noticing... Percy's jacket? Then her dream hit her, and her finger crept to her lips, tingling in remembrance, as if it wasn't a dream. But was it? How did she get his jacket if it wasn't??
She looked at the leather mound in her lap. These dreams were so strange. They were so real, but obviously dreams. Otherwise she wouldn't still be in her bed. Did Percy have the same dream?
She shook her head. That was insane. They weren't a couple, and with the way he kept pushing her away, she doubted they ever would be. Which didn't mean she didn't want to be.
She groaned in frustration, clutching the coat.

Why was her life so confusing??
She looked out her window at the street, as cars pulled out for work or college. She didn't have class until eleven. It was six.
Taking the jacket with her as she got out of bed, she stared at herself in the sink mirror, tugging on the jacket.
She found herself smiling and blushing stupidly, like some obsessed fan girl of his.

Which only made her blush harder. Percy was definitely cute and all, but was he really cute enough to turn her into a classic teenager in love?
Apparently so.

Cute little fluff chapter helping along the Percabethness... So... I wonder how Annabeth got the jacket, hm? She is 'mortal' after all ;). Hehehe. Don't be ghost readers! I love comments! And I almost made it Saturday. Lucky you guys. -Twiddles fingers like those evil people you see in some movies that I don't remember specifically-