Yes.

Annabeth was low-key panicking. She wiped slippery palms on her skirt for what seemed like the hundredth time, silvery eyes darting around frantically. She was acting like a cornered rabbit!
But on the other hand, she was about to pledge the rest of her life to a man she didn't love, and a man who'd hurt her before. Who's to say he wouldn't do it again?
And then she saw him.
Luke. He had the biggest grin she'd seen on his face since the day she'd first said yes to dating him. This was the Luke she'd fallen for.
The blinding smile, the sparkling eyes, the tall, basketball player build. And back then he'd been funny.
It physically cast an ache into her chest. She missed that Luke so badly. Even to the point she was willing to bet that if Luke hadn't crossed over to the dark side for cookies that they'd have remained friends, even best friends.
He came striding down the hill, long lanky arms swinging by his sides.
Just like the first time they met.

Hot tears gone cold stained her pale face as she curled up in the park, a little ball with her back to the wind. She wanted to go home so badly, but no. She couldn't. She didn't know where it was anymore. She didn't know this street, this park, this city even.
Her best friend at the time, Thalia Grace, who'd also run away, was off trying to find them coats or blankets. She was shivering, and she doubted anyone would find her except for Thalia.
Was her father even looking for her?
"Are you okay?" A voice rang out through the park. Immediately little Annabeth jumped, rubbing her eyes to wipe the tears away.
Standing in front of her was a boy. He looked only a couple years older than her. Maybe nine? Ten?
She quickly nodded her head, reaching for the rock she'd come to carry with her. Even if it didn't hurt those gods awful monsters it sure did confuse them, long enough for her to run, hide, escape.
She'd always thought they were only nightmares. That's what her stepmother said anyway.
But Thalia believed her. Told her she'd seen them too.
It had been such a relief to hear those words. Annabeth wasn't crazy or stupid or anything like that!
Grasping the heavy stone in her hands she eyed him, wishing Thalia was here.
The sandy haired boy put his hands up in surrender. "Hey! I'm not going to hurt you..." He extended one long slender hand. "I'm Luke."
All too soon the current Luke was beside her, smirking. "Checking me out again, Annie?"
She snapped from her memories, flinching.
He laughed.
She rolled her eyes.
"Now Annie..." He began, his smirk growing.
She found herself unable to speak, choked up on memories and fears.
He continued. "I have another side to our little arrangement here."
She gave him no reaction. It was like she was frozen. She wished. Annabeth didn't want to be in this place at this time. She was here to bargain away the rest of her life to keep her heart safe.
He clicked his tongue against the root of his mouth. "Are you even listening to me Annie?" He asked, twining his fingers within her own.
That earned another flinch.
"Why so jumpy Annie girl?" He cooed at her.
Annabeth shook her head in reply. "You know why."
Luke chuckled, his Adam's apple bobbing.
"Well, the new arrangement? You have to say yes to everything I ask."
Yes. Yes. Yes. The simple three letter agreement echoed within her skull. She'd be giving her life and independence away... For Percy.
And the problem? She'd do it. Percy had managed to completely steal her entire heart and claim it as his own in such a short time. Heck, they'd never even had a real date!
Tears sprang to her eyes. Marrying Luke would kill her. She wasn't a cheater, but she really didn't love him. Which is why she was marrying him. Because she loved Percy.
"Well?" He demanded.
It hurt to speak. "O-okay..."
She felt something. A searing pain against her left ring finger. The one a wedding ring would grace. And now, one was burned into her hand. Just from Luke pressing it.
She winced and felt her knees buckle from the pain, but Luke caught her before she fell.
"Now you can never say no to me again." He laughed satisfactorily.
"That's not true," Annabeth denied, definitely in denial. (Wow I'm redundant..)
"Let's test it then. Do you love me Annabeth?"
She couldn't say no. It was like being choked. "Yes," she gasped, after running out of air.
The tears fell. She didn't want to say yes to him. She didn't love him. That was a lie.
He grinned devilishly. Perfect.
Except... Something wasn't perfect.
"Annabeth, will you marry me?" He asked sinking into a kneeling position.
No. This was wrong! Luke screamed in his head. Kronos was manning this ship. Luke was tied up inside his own head, celestial bronze chains weighing him down on a rickety chair.

He never wanted to make Annabeth his personal servant!
He wanted her to love him. Forget Percy. They could be happy. But Kronos said that would never work. And he didn't like when Luke argued with him.
He wanted to remove the red burned pain of the wedding band. It was a curse. Rings weren't supposed to be curses. Apparently rings really were the smallest handcuffs ever made. Annabeth was more of his prisoner than Percy had been.
He hated it.
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I. Am. Sorry. He screamed inside his own head, as Kronos, but wearing Luke as a costume, only raised his brows.
Annabeth was shaking. She couldn't speak. No matter what she said, the evil on her hand would turn it into a yes. Her eyes flicked up the hill, where Percy stood, watching with tortured eyes, and she could physically feel his heart shatter as she tried to call his name, but what came out was.....

"Yes."