Annabeth

Author's Note: This chapter is going to be entirely a flashback to sixth grade for Annabeth. It's going to explain some things for all of my lovely readers! Also... I feel weird about writing the next chapter publicly in detail, so I'm probably going to do a fade to black thing. I've never written anything 18+ haha... And I'm not really interested in marking this as mature. I'm so sorry if y'all were looking forward to that... But as a detailed writer I feel I'd get too into it and that might be scary.
But the next chapters still gonna be good ;)...

There was a time in Luke's life when he wasn't obsessed with becoming an incredibly powerful Titan, believe it or not.
That time was up until... Well, pretty much now.
This was the year he'd fallen in love with Annabeth Chase, though she didn't return his affections.
Back then, Luke was just sort of the dorky ADHD kid. But he did know some things. What with his birthday being earlier than Annabeth's, he discovered his heritage first. And all the prices that came with it.
He knew that if he ever wanted to call Annabeth his, he'd need to protect her.

That's when he went a little crazy (or so he thought at the time) and started hearing voices. The whispers turned into screams.

"If you want to protect her, trap the goddess Hecate! Force her to follow your whims! Bring her to us..."
They never specified where, but a gut feeling told Luke the voices meant Tartarus. What he didn't know? Tartarus was Greek hell. So he agreed.
"How do I do that?" He asked himself.
"Let me in," hissed the voice.
"How?" He asked again.
"You've already allowed a piece of me inside your mind, just surrender yourself to me. Allow me to take over." It rasped.
"Take over?" Luke wasn't too eager to become a prisoner in his own body, thank you very much!
"Let me meld my power with yours. We'll be unstoppable, and Annabeth will be safe."
Annabeth. He would do this for Annabeth. "Okay... You can melt your powers with mine," he allowed.
"Meld." Corrected the voice, as Luke blacked out.
When Luke woke up, he was laying in one of those weird bed chairs in the school nurse's office. And he was in pain. His veins felt like they were on fire, his head was being cracked open, but his gut felt powerful. Like he'd put some wasabi down there.
The powerful feeling was slowly inching outward, sending the pain out his fingers and toes to replace it with the burning flame in him.
"While you were out, I took the liberty of bringing Hecate here. She's the nurse."
"Woah, you can just bring gods down that easily?"
A cold mirthless laugh echoed inside Luke's skull. "No. I tricked her. But that's not important, I'll teach you all my tricks eventually."
Luke didn't push it. Something told him not to get on this guy's bad side. Especially not with the dude inside him!
"Uh okay... So what now?"
Suddenly everything froze. The clock stopped ticking, and Luke felt the fire soften a bit inside. He'd done this? Whoever the guy was inside him... He was incredible!
"Now we do this." Seemingly out of nowhere a massive scythe formed in Luke's hand.
And he lost control of himself. He watched as he stood up, but not him, the guy inside. It was just Luke's body.
Luke moved around the nurse, hooking the scythe to her neck. This was too easy, and Luke loved it.
Time unfroze, and Luke heard Hecate draw in a sharp breath. "Kronos." She said.
Luke, but not really, laughed coldly once more.
"Indeed. We have a favor to ask."
The goddess pursed her thin lips.
"We need you to manipulate the mist to a point where Annabeth Chase is never a demigod. She's a mortal. Even to Athena. Annabeth is not her child. And you need to swear on the River Styx not to tell anyone and to do it."
Hecate stared daggers. "And if I don't?"
"Then I send you down to Tartarus. I'm sure you have some friends down there." The way he said friends keyed Luke in that these were most definitely anything but friends.
Hecate wanted to evaporate into mist, but the scythe prevented it. She was trapped.
"Alright, I swear on the river Styx to bend the mist and make Annabeth a mortal even to my fellow gods. I also swear upon the River Styx not to tell a soul of this ordeal."
All she did was snap her fingers, but it seemed to draw so much out of her, for she went pale and crumpled to her knees, breathing heavily.

Luke/Kronos smirked. "Pleasure doing business."
With that, he pulled the scythe away.
Luke had a question. "What was in it for you, helping me I mean?"
Kronos shrugged. "I got a physical form."

Luke's eyes widened. "You're staying?"
Kronos receded control over Luke's form as he answered with a single word. "Yes."

When Luke regained control of himself, his knees were shaking, but not from fatigue. From fear. He knew about Kronos. He was the Titan King! Titan of time. The one who ate all his kids.
Last time the gods had to deal with Kronos, well, there was almost another world war.

And this Titan, the oh so powerful King? He was inhabiting Luke's body. And had the option to take over at any time.
At first he was afraid. Until Kronos started whispering sweet nothings into his brain. Feeding him false information to turn the young boy willing. Willing to carry out Kronos's orders, and to agree with all his ideas.
That's the thing about youth. It makes you impressionable. And with the wrong kind of impression, you get all sorts of evil.
Luke dropped out of school after that. He never saw Annabeth again... Until college. The time Kronos promised he would get his middle school love for himself. Finally.