Demi-Mortal

Percy froze, in the middle of the bustling city sidewalk, passerby glaring him down and stores hawking their wares in his ear. Nico wouldn't have had a choice to go or not, the kid wasn't a legal adult yet; he wasn't free to make his own decisions.

The son of the sea felt terrible, awful, miserable. But he could already feel that the worst of what Paul would have done would already be over. Percy also knew the only way to fix all of this once and for all was to forget Nico for now, push his little brother from his mind, and call in his favor. After all, Paul's raging drunken issues had started when he first discovered Percy's abilities- while drunk.

Being a demigod had been nothing but a problem for Percy as long as he could remember, and he was sick of it. Sick of the monsters and crazy looks and godly issues. He was ready to just be a normal college student, who went to parties and forgot his homework. Not the guy who had his term paper burned by an angry empusa.

And so, with only one course of action lit up as reasonable, Percy continued on his way to the beach.

It wasn't long before he reached his destination, his heart thudding against his chest like a caged rabbit- and not from his jog. He had no idea if this would work or not, but something about being in the presence of gods, even his own father, was terrifying. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they could smite him into smithereens with the snap of a finger, or that they were so freakishly old.

Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, Percy bent down and pressed a hand into the soft sand that made up California beaches (Southern, not the rocky cliffs of the north!), just close enough so the cold ocean water could lap at his fingers. "Hey, uh, dad? I kinda need a favor."

His eyes lifted to stare at the coastline, waiting for a sign his dad had heard him. Or even cared, and wasn't too busy to pay attention to his only son...

When something caught his eye. Not as far as the hazy blue outlines of the outter oceans, a man was striding from the water. His dad, he'd actually came in person. The guy must've been bored.

"Percy?" Not a single glistening drop shone on his skin, sharing in the power Percy had. He looked as relaxed as always, sporting a Hawaiian floral shirt and khaki shorts, a glass of what looked like orange juice but he knew to be nectar in his hand. It was complete with one of those vibrant midget umbrellas.

The teenage demigod smiled, a bit awkwardly, doing that old habit of his where he scratched the back of his neck whenever he got nervous. "Hey, Dad." It still felt weird calling him that. "I, uh, want to cash in all the favors the gods owe me?"

His father raised an eyebrow, and then the cheeky bastard took a sip of his drink- nonchalantly! "Mmm?"

"I, it's not personal, but it's for this girl I reallylike, anyways," he was rambling. "I want to be a mortal. Full mortal, not half. Is that possible?"

Poseidon sighed. "Percy... To do that would also mean taking your memories. You can't remember our world without being a part of us. You wouldn't even be able to see through the mist."

Percy was probably just imagining it, but Poseidon looked disappointed. Oh well, this wasn't about him.

Losing all his memories, though? "Would I still remember basic things?" Eating, drinking, writing, reading (as much as he could with dyslexia).

"Yes. But you won't even remember your own name... Are you sure you'd like that? All the people, events, places, it would all be gone."

Percy frowned in thought, but his decision was reached in no time at all. "I want to."

"Then come here."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Annabeth had wanted to be close to Percy. She didn't know whether or not he was home, but she did know where water was, and after all she'd seen, water reminded her of Percy.

She didn't expect to see him there. Having stopped to breath, her hands on her knees, she squinted against the bright sun. But it was definitely him. Talking to someone... And leaving? He was walking right into the water without a fear!

"Percy!" She yelled, shoving her aching legs and burning ribs a little bit further, the sand flying up behind her.

"Annabeth?" Those wide green eyes of his turned to her, just as he began to shimmer, like a mirage.

"No!" Annabeth didn't know what she was seeing, but she refused to be left here alone, to marry Luke. She needed him. People could only pretend to be strong for so long.

Which is why she tackled him. Just as he faded entirely, pulling her, and her soaking jeans, with him. Was it just her or was he not wet? Water and Percy always went hand in hand.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

With his mouth still hanging open, accompanied by a loud pop! Percy found himself dizzy from a rush of blue, green, grey- and the blonde of Annabeth's hair!

Blinking in confusion, he found her clinging to the back of his shirt, looking scared. Poseidon had frowned again. "Who's that? She can't be here!"

Here. Olympus. Home of the gods, the six hundredth floor of the Empire State Building. "Dad, this is Annabeth."

Poseidon's frown grew. "Athena's girl?" That genius, and his rival, had mentioned a wasted daughter once. One who never got to reach her full potential because of 'meddling mortals'.

"No, she's mortal. Or," Percy looked confused for a second. But there was no way she wasn't! Nothing had ever attacked her. She was simply a girl who could see through the Mist. "Yeah, she's mortal."

"Right. Well, she'll have to have a drop or two of the Lethe as well, can't have her remembering this!" Poseidon's eyes twinkled with an almost amusement, though he was staring at Annabeth, and not his son.

HOLY CHEESE GUYS IT'S BEEN FOUR MONTHS AND I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE AT ALL, I HAD THE WORLD'S WORST WRITER'S BLOCK. BUT I'M BACK AND FULL OF NEW IDEAS! THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT!!