Chapter 15

I decide to email my mother. Joe asked if I met my half brother. I hadn't and didn't care to, until he mentioned it. Never had any brother figures, just Luke. My phone has too many missed calls and texts from Zach. I clear them and pour my heart into the email.
With love. I end it while rekindling something I might not be prepared for.

The knock at the door wakes me from my daydream.
"Who is it?" I ask, sliding a hand through my hair.
"Its me, please open the door.."
How did he even find me? I crack the door, leaving the latch across.
"What Zach?"
"Baby, I'm sorry. Please..let me in?"
I try to keep from looking at his doe-like eyes. Without thinking long enough, I let him inside.
His arms wrap around me and I'm forced to place my head on his chest. I don't cry and the throbbing in my cheek sets a reminder.
"Why are you here?" I pull away. His hand lingers on my arm. We stare at each other but I don't see him. I see Joe and his beautiful eyes that swallowed me whole. Joe, the one who said he'd love me forever..Joe.
"How'd you find me?"
"Gps..in your phone."
I wrinkle up my nose..that's How he knew Liz's address.
"Why is-"
"To keep you safe baby. I'm sorry."
I nod and he places a kiss on my forehead. Maybe I should get a new phone.
A yawn escapes my mouth and he smiles.
"Lets sleep baby."
I nod my head, unable to disagree. We can discuss these things in the morning.