Chapter 3 Let Just Rest For The Night

The city was quite as they drove the rental car through the night.No one spoke a signal word through out the car ride. The boys eventually have fallen to sleep along side Owen and Scott leaving the two sisters be the only ones awake. Claire look out the window seeing the night city in its beauty. It been like forever since she last saw city let alone seeing the city at night.
"Aw look at my two boys ", Karen comment as she glanced at the visor-mirror while driving .Looking behind her Claire felt her heart lighten at the sight. Gray and Zach were sleeping as theirs heads rest against one another. Sleeping peacefully as if nothing ever happened. "They look so cute when they are sleeping",Claire whisper quietly keeping her voice low,so it wouldn't wake up any of the sleeping passengers. "Ya,I still remember the days when they those two used to sleep together like that ," Karen softly whisper a small tone of sadness was heard from her voice. "Never saw them act this close in a long time. "
"They need each other,Karen",Claire reply unsure what come over her to say something like."Ya, I guess your right Claire ",Karen chuckles softly keeping her focus on the road.

*

Hours passed by as they drove their way to the hotel. Before tired Claire could fall asleep they finally arrive to their destination."Oh finally, I thought we would never arive " ,Claire yawn as she unbuckle her seat . "Wake up boys!We're here ",Karen said while she started to unbuckle. "Five more minutes ", Gray groans in defense as he and Zach slowly wakes up from their slumber."No Gray we have to get our things out of the car",Karen stated getting out of the car."Oh,and Zach can wake up your father?"
Zach let out a tired sigh."Dad wake up!"Zach yell out waking up not only Scott but Owen in the process . "Did you slept well sleeping beauty,"Claire tease Owen as he wakes up."Very funny Claire ",Owen yawn stretching his tire body. He smirk at before he began to unbuckle his seat."What are you smiling at you creep?" Claire asked Owen. Owen chuckles at her question. "Your hair. It's looks cute like that,all messy and curly kinda suits you ", Owen answer pointing at her hair. Small blush of pink appeared on her cheeks. He has to stop being so sweet because ,its getting hard for Claire to handle her feelings towards Owen.
"Hey Owen!" A cried was heard outside. Owen turn his direction toward the cried. Looking out his window he spot Karen struggling to carry some heavy looking suitcases .
"Can you come out here,and use those muscles of yours to help me out with this?" Karen ask him trying her best to carry some of the luggages. "Sure thing Karen",Owen said as he gets out of the car,and makes his way to Karen. "I better help you guys too", Claire called out stepping out of the rental vehicle. "Aw,thanks Claire-bear your too kind ." Karen chuckles as she walks up to Claire and handing her a heavy luggage."Oh, can you two actually do me a big favor?" Karen ask them before walking back to the trunk pulling out more luggages. "Can guys head in the hotel and get our room key? Just tell hotel receptionist our room name is under "Mitchells" and wait awhile until you guys see us enter. Dose that sound alright with you guys?"
"I mean ," Claire started checking if Owen was ok with it. He gave her a nod. "If is ok with you then is ok with me", he whispered to her." Ya, sound alright with us",Claire answer back ."Thanks you guys," Karen chuckles as she hand Claire another heavy suitcase. "You two are truly life-savers". Literally,Claire thought to herself as she and Owen started making their way to the hotel.

*

"These  suitcases are lot heavier than they look." Claire heard Owen behind her, she rolls her eyes at his remark. "Looks who talking", Claire tease."Seriously Claire what did your sister packed in these,bricks?" Claire laugh at his response. "Honestly that wouldn't be surprising if she did. She known to over packed her luggages,"Claire told him. Owen walked faster."Really?"He asked her once he reach up to her. "Yeah,apparently she afraid if she doesn't packed everything she'll forget something important",she said as they began to get closer to the hotel."Well she dose have a good point." Owen said once they got closer to the hotel. Entering the hotel they notice the hotel lobby became a sea of people.
"Looks like everyone from the island decide to move to here", Owen said under his breath. "Well we ran away from dinosaurs ,I think we can swim our way through people,"Claire spoke up reaching down,and grabbing Owen 's hand holding it tightly as she lead their way to front counter. Pushing through the crowd of hundreds ,they arrived to front counter. "Mitchells ", Claire said smiling as she lean towards the young woman behind the counter,while Owen stand behind Claire . The young woman nods as she search on the computer ."Ah yes the "Mitchells ",the receptionist said handing Claire the key to their room. They both thanks the receptionist as they moved away from the front counter. Claire sat down waiting in the lobby for her family to arrive with the rest of the luggages. Owen grab a sit and sat down next her. They waited together patiently. Claire watch the people around them as the lobby become more crowded than before. Every single human being went through something today. From the left corner through her eye stood a injured woman with her child. On her right was a was a man in his 40s, his clothes was all dirty and torn up likes Claire's. She let out a tired sigh, as she sat there patiently.
"Claire!" A cried as heard behind them. Both Claire and Owen immediately stood up and turning their attention to the cried. They spotted Karen alongside Scott and her two sons carrying the rest of the luggages . They push their way through the crowd as they make their way to reach them. "Sorry we took so long", Karen said to them in a exhausted sigh. "Don't sweat it ," Claire said,handing her sister the key to their room."Thank you Claire-bear," Karen chuckles softly grabbing  the key. "Hey Karen I think we should get moving." Scott said behind Karen pointing to stairs. "You heard him let's go!" Karen announce marching her way to the stairs. Everyone else follow her lead .