Prologue (Edited)

Charlotte POV

"I'm so sorry Henry...I didn't mean to hurt you." I explained as tears poured from my eyes.

"You didn't mean to hurt me?" Henry laughed bitterly "You left like a coward and you couldn't even say goodbye to my face...you left a note Charlotte! A lousy note...after everything we went through you decided that I'm only good enough for a note!"

"I said I'm sorry! Why can't you forgive me?" I sobbed sliding down the wall "I forgave you!"

"It's different; I didn't want to do that to you and you know that...how could you even think to compare the two situations?" he screamed 

"You raped me!" I shouted back

"It was either that or watch a bullet penetrate your skull!" 

"I'm sorry" I confessed

"I loved you Charlotte. How could you do that to me?" he questioned sliding down the wall next to me

"I loved you too Henry...but I can't take it back." I whispered "I regret leaving you behind five years ago. I thought I was helping you. I thought I was protecting you."

"Protecting me, from who?" he asked turning his head to look at me. 

I closed my eyes not wanting to see the pain in his eyes, "Leigh-Ann"

"That name...Leigh-Ann. You put her name in your note." he took a deep, steady breath "Who's Leigh-Ann Charlotte?"

I blinked back more tears before looking up into his eyes, "Leigh-Ann Elizabeth Hart" I whispered.