Chapter 10| Tweek

I lied.

Everything I said to Craig, was a lie.

I don't hate him. Well, I do. But deep, deep down, I have a crush on him.

I walk through the crowded corridors, pushing past loads of people who push me. I don't know where I'm going, I just don't want to have Craig find me again.

I don't want to face him.

My crush on him, I've had it for a while.

Whenever we fight, I love it. It's the only way I can really get close to him, if not, he'll figure something out. He'll realise that I like him. I have to cover it with hate.

The bell than rings.

I sigh and walk back to the hall, grabbing my script from the shelf. I see Craig walk past me, and the rest of the cast grab their scripts and continue what they had been doing before the bell.

The only difference, is that there are some students who aren't actually a part of the cast here. Stan has decided to bring Kyle with him, and Gregory has decided to bring Mole and Estella along.

Ms. Davis doesn't mind of course, the more the merrier she always says. She's always convincing students to join the 'family' as she calls it. The 'family' is basically me, Wendy, Bebe, Gregory and Esther. We are the only students who always do the school production.

I sigh and sit backstage, reading my lines in my head. Currently, I'm going over the lines in scene 7, the mad tea party.

I messed up horrifically after what I said to Craig. All the stutters, twitches and I was out of character. I read the lines over again and again in my head, but it's easy to get distracted. Others are also going over their lines, Bebe and Wendy are doing their scene together, Gregory is forcing Mole and Estella to help him and Stan is practising his lines with Kyle and Kyle is putting on different voices for each character.

And that's not including the loud talking coming from the artists who are painting backgrounds.

So, it's very distracting.

I'm about to get up and leave to a secluded spot, but my way is blocked by the one person I really didn't want to see.

Craig mother fucking Tucker.

"What do y-you want?" I snap, clutching my script.

Craig sighs, and flips through his own pink script. "I've been ordered to help you with your script, since everyone else has helpers."

I sigh, and motion for Craig to follow me. I walk away from the noise, and go somewhere quiet. We end up in an empty music room.

"So," Craig starts, "what scene?"

I glance down at my open script. "Scene 7, the mad tea p-party." I say, taking a few deep breaths to get into character.

"The one you messed up?" Craig asks, turning to the correct page.

"Don't push it." I tell him sternly, glaring at him. Craig shrugs, and pulls a stool out from under one of the desks, sitting on it.

I do the same, but sit like the Hatter would. Like a gentlemen who isn't fully sane. With my legs crossed, my toes pointed and my arm resting in midair as if I was leaning on the Dormouse.

"So, where are we staring?" Craig asks.

I hum, studying the script. "Let's start at the line: have you guessed the riddle yet. Okay?"

"I don't care."

I close my eyes, and then slowly open them again. "Have you guessed the riddle yet?" I ask, fully into character.