05: Lies

05:

Lies

Lie: noun:
-an intentionally false statement.

When Clarissa awoke, she felt like a hundred pounds of weights had been pressed against her chest... as if she was underwater and could not fight the current that was pushing her down. Not fully drowning but like little oxygen was going into her body. Had she broken a rib? Was the bone pressing down onto her lungs... God, she was an idiot, because jumping onto a well-trained fighting robot was obviously going to end so well.

Was this what is was like?

Not dying but the aftermath of a true fight, it was true that she was a good fighter and she would never deny herself of that title... But as a thief, hand to hand combat was never really something she had to regularly do on a day to day basis. Unlike her dear friend Sara, she never really found herself in the situation where she needed to fight to save herself, and yet there she was...

Lying like an idiot in the med bay after believing she had the ability to stop the man in a metal suit from hurting those around her, she had been impulsive and cocky.

Too cocky.
Far too cocky.

Cocky to the point where she had the audacity to believe there was any chance she could have taken down Chronos... Instead she got knocked out due to damage to the head, and now she felt achy all over.

A grunt hit the open air as she pulled herself upwards, she was sore all over yet found it easy to move her ankle... Just as if she had never truly broken it in the first place. Her side hurt the most, it felt like a hot poker had been repeatedly jabbed into her ribs before it was reheated and the process would happen all over again. The flesh felt itchy but she knew that if she tried to scratch it, well it would only cause her more pain than she was already being subjected to.

But Clarissa knew real pain and this was nothing like it. The female new pain that would continue over many years, so soreness felt like nothing compared to what she was forced to endure throughout her corrupted and tormenting childhood.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, Kitty. You look like you're in pain." The tired voice of Leonard Snart caused her head to snap around at the chair beside the bed, she let out a hiss as her head ached badly due to the impact of skull against rock. No doubt she would gain a lump on her skull, no matter the magic Gideon could provide there would still be a mini mountain growing at her roots.

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck," Clarissa grunted as she finally sat up right and rubbed her head.

"Probably would have been less damaging than a TimeMasters robotic puppet," Leonard informed her as he leant back in his chair, his cold icy blue eyes stared at her while she was in the state of confusion... But he did not care he was far beyond angry with her, he was enraged by her foolish actions that could have gotten her killed or taken by the enemy.

"I thought that the Time Masters were trying to prevent that Savage guy too? Why would they try to prevent us from doing so?" The confused female asked, obviously been left out of the loop of the conversation with Rip since she was not conscious.

"Because we've been played. Rip Hunter's wife and his child were murdered by Savage. We are not legends, he just wanted us to help him bring Savage down. The time masters are apparently not... Cool with it." Snart spoke, his voice strangely calm and never rose in volume.