09: Emerald Eyes

09:

Emerald Eyes

"What the hell are you doing here? And I always look good, not just on occasions, Sugar." Clarissa snapped at the attractive opposing thief who too was mesmerised by the sight of the bulbous and glistening diamond ahead of them. 

His attention continued to shift from her as he stared at the diamond longingly, and it was more than obvious that he was in his own little thievery world, formulating some evil and well thought out plan to get his masculine and large hands on it before she even had the chance to do so.

"Same thing you are doing, sweetheart, and I'm sure you look great." He drawled out with a twinge of sarcasm embedded into his words. "Thing is, you and I, again, want the exact same thing, and like last time I won't just stand by and let you take it and stroke your ego, this time it is mine and I have been planning this heist for months."

Clarissa turned with one of her well groomed, thin and ginger brows lifted upwards in an attitude-filled and questioning glance at the criminal beside her. "Let me? Oh, Sugar, you did not simply let me, nobody just lets me. I took exactly what I wanted and you were too helpless to stop me from doing so or to stand against me. You were really unprepared and just stood there with your mouth wide open, just like you will be now when I take the diamond from under your very nose. That, 'sweetheart', is a promise."

"Hmm, let's make a game of this, shall we? See who really is the better criminal, to see if you are as good as your mouth is saying you are." He continued to whisper dangerously close to her ear, his warm breath fanned across her bare skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake as she almost fell under his attempted seductive spell.

It was oh so tempting.

"Alright then, let's play then. However, I have to warn you that attempting to seduce me will not get you anywhere... You're not as good as you think you are Mr..."

"Call me Leonard, and trust me, sweetheart, you will be eating those words fairly soon."

"Pieces of the dagger have broken off and as we speak are on route to her heart." Rip sorrowfully informed the already worrying crew, his sweaty palms were pressed firmly together before him as he attempted to explain what was happening to their fellow feathered friend, as simplistically as he could muster, due to the fact over half of them had no scientific or medical backgrounds on record.

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they have the stuff that can fix her?" Inquired Jax with a look of pure confusion on his young, rounded face, with a singular narrow, black brow raised slightly higher than the other.

"Jax, this ship is the stuff from that future." Stated Clarissa directly, who was slouched rather comfortably close to a quiet but attentive Sara, looking as utterly exhausted as the rest of them. 

"We would have time jumped already if we could have."

"Correct Miss Falls, this ship is from that very same future and thus far been unsuccessful in saving her." The Captain informed and hissed from his book covered office. He flung around his lanky, long-limbered and slender arms in complete annoyance, almost knocking over a relatively high stack of important documents from his cluttered desk, yet he did not seem to really care.

"Like Clary said-" Another voice began earning a hard glare from said female.

"-We would have time jumped if we could have. Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway." Calmly commented Snart, who had decided to situate himself into a quite relaxed sitting position on the hard, metal ground near to Clarissa's covered feet.