13: White Knight

The seeking missiles from the RC21 were directed and locked onto the Wave Rider, advancing towards them, utterly prepared to obliterate them from their once secure space without hesitation.

"I'm locking seeking missiles, closing at a distance at less than a mile." Confirmed Gideon emotionlessly. With that concrete confirmation, Clarissa grimaced and stepped back from the window for safety.

"And that's why I need you to cut the engines." Rip ordered, calm and direct.

"Wait, don't we need those to land." Snipped Jax.

The missiles were approaching quick with little obstacles in their way to slow them down even a fraction of a second – much to the crews discomfort. And with the uncertainty of Rip's drastically and unwavering orders, his leadership was unfortunately not providing much ease to such building concerns and worrisome thoughts.

"I said CUT them, Gideon!" Concluded Rip with vigour as the Waverider jostled slightly through the air.

Both Ray and Clarissa found it rather difficult to be able to stabilize themselves at such a sudden movement of the ship.

The young female grasped swiftly upon the metal bar that was fashioned upon the wall not far beside her, permitting her shaking hand to tighten upon the solid material that impacted upon her palm, as a form of stability and aid. She had a dreaded feeling that Rip was going to do something quite unprecedented and she was not prepared to be dramatically flung around the ship like someone had let go of an untied helium balloon.

"Rip, for fuck sake you can't be serious..." Clarissa begrudgingly began, but without hesitation or a remorse for that matter, Gideon had cut the engines, causing the aircraft to hastily descend and allowing the missiles to continue their course where the ship had previously been. "...Ok, I think I am going to be sick."

"Missiles are now targeting something else." Gideons stoic voice stated.

"Chronos." Smirked Jax, who had placed his hands either side of the control panel in an attempt to keep himself steady.

The ship ahead was abruptly assaulted. The missiles that were once locked onto themselves, had efficiently hit directly at the fragile base of the aircraft and thus set ablaze upon sudden impact. The fire developed upon the engines, uncontrolled and eating at the metal is resided upon. With the missiles hitting with such force and volatility, Chronos' ship began to rapidly descend, the engines no longer able to uphold the weight of the ship.

"Can you all strap yourselves in." Ordered Rip, however most had already made that conclusion themselves.

Snart quickly sat down and pulled the metal contraption over his head before he clipped himself in firmly and securely. He watched concerned as Clarissa's vibrant eyes glazed over at the very sight of the seats and widened at such fear – still not entirely comfortable with the idea of being locked into place... Unable to move freely due to such a hefty and unforgiving confinement.

"Kitten, come here." Beckoned Snart with an unusual softness to his voice. Such a softness that it jolted Clarissa into movement, as she scurried towards him and the seat that was left dormant to his right hand side without much thought. "You're going to be fine."

The young feline nodded at his reassurance.

"It's going to be a bit of a bumpy landing-" Stated Rip as he secured himself within the pilot seat.

"Initiating emergency landing protocols."

"Wait!" Shouted Clarissa urgently, who had dragged the bulbous metal over her head and flinched at the echoing click of confirmation that she was locked into place. "Not everyone is here, Rip."