07: Prison

07:

Prison

"Well I am really glad you were the one calling the shots." Ray stated rather sarcastically as the somewhat dejected team entered one of the wave-riders many halls, all worried of their Captains reaction and knowing full well how they had epically failed.

Completely and utterly failed.

"I had it under control until the professor started picking fights with the P.L.O." Snart coldly snapped, his normally calmed voice came to a shout at the end of his sentence.

He was far from impressed.

The man of cold simply did not tolerate the 'pretty boys' attitude and judgmental tone towards him.

Mick was surprisingly not lagging that far behind as his arms were draped protectively around an unconscious Clarissa, who rested against his broad chest while her mop of vibrant, straight hair hung backwards with her swaying head while her legs were hanging from Mick's other arm.

In truth, Snart had been the very first to demand to carry her as Clarissa had collapsed into his side, her head firmly in the crook of his neck and her legs crumbling beneath her with only his hold to keep her up.

Ever since she had stepped on the time-machine she had been given a handful of awful luck. Constantly at the other end of the punch, both metaphorically and literally.

However, it had been Mick who had won the debate with a simple "She wouldn't want you touching her." Which could not be argued with.

"You let your ego endanger the entire mission." Carter spoke briefly, agreeing with Leonard as they stormed into the main room.

"Mr. Rory's temper got completely out of -"

"I thought we were friends, Professor." The flamed brute interjected.

"At least there is one less nuclear bomb on the planet." Kendra stated optimistically.

She even forced a smile upon her face as she spoke.

The abrupt applause from the front of the ship caused silence to fall upon the arguing group. A slow, dramatic clap that was the sound of mockery jumping from one wall to another in a teasing echo. A once hidden Rip was the cause, leaning against a door frame as his hands slapped together in the aggressive, rhythmical pattern.

"Here, Here!-" the ginger snapped, his beady eyes were pretentiously clouded with disappointment and a stomach-churning anger.

The captain was livid.

"-Now all you deserve a hearty congratulation. Not only did you fail to capture Savage, you exposed yourself and your powers to him, giving away the element of surprise from now and all of time." Rip snapped, getting quieter and quieter as he spoke, showing how discouraged he truly was.

"Well done team."

"We don't need the element of surprise, we know that he is in Norway, so let's go find him." Carter quickly dead-panned, appearing to look somewhat bored.

"Unfortunately, we now have larger problems than Savage." Abruptly the Time Traveller slammed his palms aggressively down onto the centre of the table, anger propelled itself out of him through his voice in unity with his actions.

"If only you had listened to me about the dangers of upsetting the time-line." He continued to mutter.

"What are you talking about?" Questioned an irked Kendra.

"Well, while you were busy saving Norway from nuclear annihilation- "

"You're welcome, Norway." Mick interrupted, his deep voice rumbled and echoed through the tension within the confined room. Slowly, he cradled Clarissa's head and placed her silently into the seat in front of him, making sure she would not slip or hurt her neck in that position.